how many Shias are on this board? Watch

This discussion is closed.
watford110
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Would starting a TSR Shia society be too secterianist and cause further 'fitna' amongst the cyber-Ummah
Dimez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by watford110)
Would starting a TSR Shia society be too secterianist and cause further 'fitna' amongst the cyber-Ummah
It most definately would. If I were you, I would refrain from that cuz' for all you know, a sunni society may also be created in response. Why don't both of us, despite our differences, just get along and all post on the same society.
watford110
Rep:
?
(Original post by jam_boy)
It most definately would. If I were you, I would refrain from that cuz' for all you know, a sunni society may also be created in response. Why don't both of us, despite our differences, just get along and all post on the same society.
I agree. How about an Ahlul-Bait society, or is that running the risk of creating a Yazeedi or Muaviya society....lol only jokin. Yeah def stick to one society
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Because God made Adam (alayhis salaam) a Prophet.
What, precisely, did adam prophesy? As there were only Adam and Eve around at the time, to whom did he prophesy?
Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by watford110)
I assume your post is out of ignorance, because even the most hardcore Wahabi cannot deny the greatness of the Ahlul-Bayt.
Well done. You're exactly right. I would honestly like to dispel at least some of my ignorance, though, so could you explain (briefly, I don't have ten years to spare) the significance of the Ahlul-Bayt?
Tidasquall
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im a Shia, but Im not very religious, I hate to see Shia and Sunnis fight, cant we just get along as muslims, I prefer just to be a muslim even though I believe in the imams too...
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But where are we going to flay ourselves until we bleed ?????
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Weejimmie)
What, precisely, did adam prophesy? As there were only Adam and Eve around at the time, to whom did he prophesy?
Adam (alayhis salaam) preached tawheed (Oneness in Allah) to his offspring. He would have also taught them enough to enable them to worship Allah sufficiently.
Person
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have you found where the Qoran says it is mandatory for women to wear a headscarf yet?
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Northumbrian)
Have you found where the Qoran says it is mandatory for women to wear a headscarf yet?
No I haven't but I'm pretty sure there's a hadith on it. I'll get back to you later.

It's Qur'an by the way, not Qoran.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's Qur'an by the way, not Qoran.
The Iranians say Qoran
watford110
Rep:
?
(Original post by Agent Smith)
Well done. You're exactly right. I would honestly like to dispel at least some of my ignorance, though, so could you explain (briefly, I don't have ten years to spare) the significance of the Ahlul-Bayt?
What do you want to know??
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Adam (alayhis salaam) preached tawheed (Oneness in Allah) to his offspring. He would have also taught them enough to enable them to worship Allah sufficiently.
That's what they say.
Even according to that version, he was a preacher, not a prophet.
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Weejimmie)
That's what they say.
Even according to that version, he was a preacher, not a prophet.
He certainly was not a prophet..
Dimez
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Regardless of your opinion, he was still a Prophet. You don't have to bring a book to be a Prophet.
D.i.P.$.E.T
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
The Ahlalbayt are the source for the authentic Sunnah of the Prophet (s). Only by obtaining instruction from both these sources can a Muslim hope to attain true guidance.

“I am about to answer the call (of death). Verily, I leave behind two precious things (thaqalayn) amongst you: the Book of Allah and my Ahl al*Bayt. Verily, the two will never separate until they come back to me by the side of the Pond.”

This authentic hadith from the Prophet Muhammad (s) is narrated by over 30 of his Companions and recorded by a large number of Sunni scholars. Some of the famous sources for this hadith include:

Ahmad b. Hanbal, al-Musnad, volume 3, pages 14, 17, 26; volume 3, page 26, 59; volume 4, page 371; volume 5, pages 181-2, 189-190

Al*Tirmidhi, al-Sahih, volume 5, pages 621-2, numbers 3786 and 3788; volume 2, page 219

Ibn Kathir, Tafsir al-Qur’an al-‘Azim , volume 6, page 199
Jazzy05
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
He certainly was not a prophet..
Adam was a prophet.
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What did he prophesy?
This is, of course, assuming that adam existed.
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
he was a messenger, to qualify for that, you just need a message, and to pass it on.

see jamboy's post.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (51)
26.56%
No (141)
73.44%

Watched Threads