convenience food. good or bad? Watch

This discussion is closed.
sue123
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
My mom is always trying to feed us this "convenience" ****.

The most proper preparation she'll do is cut and boil some fresh vegetables. The most interesting thing I think she's ever cooked herself is sausage and mash.
If ur mums foods so bad y dont U learn 2 cook?
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love pot noodles. after i have one I'm buzzin and want another!
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think they taste great.
Rumour though, it makes hair fall out.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
I love pot noodles. after i have one I'm buzzin and want another!
pot noodles are DISGUSTING, as are Supernoodles.... nothing like proper instant noodles at all.....

Cornish pasties from Cornish Bakehouse are amazing Gregg's are OKish but can be a bit low on quality...
As are KFC overseas (KFC chicken in uk is a bit soggy)
incidentally, how come McDs in UK don't sell fried chicken? they do in all the other countries I've been to.....
tititata
Report 16 years ago
to be honest, i really think that the breakfast served at McDonald's is quite nice.. especially the BIG BREAKFAST BUN!
but i dont normally eat fastfood... not healthier and not tasty.. i prefer to cook chinese food by myself... yummy!!
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
pot noodles are DISGUSTING, as are Supernoodles.... nothing like proper instant noodles at all.....

Cornish pasties from Cornish Bakehouse are amazing Gregg's are OKish but can be a bit low on quality...
As are KFC overseas (KFC chicken in uk is a bit soggy)
incidentally, how come McDs in UK don't sell fried chicken? they do in all the other countries I've been to.....
ina erica they dont seel anything but chicken nuggets. KFC sucks, but then, youve never been to popeyes!

but chickfila rules the house
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
ina erica they dont seel anything but chicken nuggets. KFC sucks, but then, youve never been to popeyes!

but chickfila rules the house
oh that's another reason why i want to go to america to see what the kingdom of hamburgers are like do you have root beer (A&Ws drink) in America, we don't get them in UK, which is a real shame!

btw, fish n chips (british classic) is amazing as well curry, just so u know sumthing about our eating culture
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
oh that's another reason why i want to go to america to see what the kingdom of hamburgers are like do you have root beer (A&Ws drink) in America, we don't get them in UK, which is a real shame!

btw, fish n chips (british classic) is amazing as well curry, just so u know sumthing about our eating culture
yeah ive been to england, thats the only thing i had for a week. since i lived in california i had fish and chips at a small age. yes everyone has rootbear. but i have to say, barqs is better than A&W. there is actually an A&W fastfood place next to the mall.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah ive been to england, thats the only thing i had for a week. since i lived in california i had fish and chips at a small age. yes everyone has rootbear. but i have to say, barqs is better than A&W. there is actually an A&W fastfood place next to the mall.
what's barq? america probably has the most ridiculous amount of fast food stores... is Wendy's still open in America? and does McDs now have a 'green image' selling fruit and veg, with internet surfing points?

that's now the case in uk, tho it has yet to catch on in the other countries
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
what's barq? america probably has the most ridiculous amount of fast food stores... is Wendy's still open in America? and does McDs now have a 'green image' selling fruit and veg, with internet surfing points?

that's now the case in uk, tho it has yet to catch on in the other countries
no, everyone hates mcdonalds, chickfila is "in". barqs root beer, started in the year 1776, a bit more expensive, but delish!
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, everyone hates mcdonalds, chickfila is "in". barqs root beer, started in the year 1776, a bit more expensive, but delish!
what about pizzas how do they compare in USA?
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
what about pizzas how do they compare in USA?
ahhh pizza, bronco villies has the best pizza ever! but for fast food, pap johns, and pizza hut (the new ones, the old ones are all dim ) like the personal pan pizzas there.......dominos is also good.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ahhh pizza, bronco villies has the best pizza ever! but for fast food, pap johns, and pizza hut (the new ones, the old ones are all dim ) like the personal pan pizzas there.......dominos is also good.
mmmmmmm i'm feeling really hungry now is Pizza Express just as overpriced, and are the pizzas just as tiny? Pizza hut here are OK, except their buffet lunch deal serves all the pizzas with virtually no decent toppings at all ...
zizero
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When dissing McDonald's about the quality of their food, people should consider the important social role of McDonald's. Many people rely on them.
Where else can you still your hunger for so little money?
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
mmmmmmm i'm feeling really hungry now is Pizza Express just as overpriced, and are the pizzas just as tiny? Pizza hut here are OK, except their buffet lunch deal serves all the pizzas with virtually no decent toppings at all ...
i only like pepporoni, they dont have the buffets over here pizza express? never heard of it mate!
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i only like pepporoni, they dont have the buffets over here pizza express? never heard of it mate!
probably only a european chain then......... they do expensive overprice pizzas which are smaller than everyone elses........... kinda nouveau cuisine, but not worth it..... give me a fat deep pan to tuck into anyday
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zizero)
When dissing McDonald's about the quality of their food, people should consider the important social role of McDonald's. Many people rely on them.
Where else can you still your hunger for so little money?
its disgusting.....i hate mmcdonalds
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
probably only a european chain then......... they do expensive overprice pizzas which are smaller than everyone elses........... kinda nouveau cuisine, but not worth it..... give me a fat deep pan to tuck into anyday
chicago pizza YUMMY!!
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
chicago pizza YUMMY!!
nah it's gotta be a Meat feast with extra chillis and parmesan cheese on top
zizero
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its disgusting.....i hate mmcdonalds
Even if it is not the best cuisine, McDonald's is for many people a vital institution. For them, a BigMac is still better than nothing, even if it is not too healthy in the long term.
I think McDonald's deserves some credit.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed