The Student Room Group
Reply 1
somebody please reply...
the exam is tomorrow.
Reply 2
hey i'm doing the same exam as you. Im in year 10 and so far this year we've done tectonic activity, coastal management, and rocks and the landscape. In the exam there are 2 section, Section A and Section B.

Section A topics are:

The Restless earth
Rocks, Resources and scenery
Challenge of the weather and climate
the living world

Section B

water on the land
ice on the land
the coastal zone

In the exam you will have to answer one question from each section and another question from either section. I am doing rocks,resources and scenery, coastal zone and the restless earth. Do the topics that you have studied in school. Thats for the physical paper.

For the human paper there are also two secions.

Section A

population change
changing urban environments
changing rural environments

Section B

the development gap
gloabalisation
tourism

you need to answer three questions, one from section a and one from section b as well as one from either section. im in year 10 so im doing this exam next year but i'd advise you to do the questions of which the topics you have studies in school.

Also its VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR CASE STUDIES INSIDE OUT!!

Hope this helped and good luck!
Reply 3
I am afraid asimhaque is wrong if you are doing physical and human, the topics are:
Paper 1 - Rocks ; Rivers ; Glaciation ( NOT Tectonics, coasts, ecosystems or weather)

Paper 2 Settlement (NOT Population), Agriculture (NOT Industry), Development (NOT Resources)
Reply 4
I also have the AQA GCSE Geography A PAper 1 tomorrow.
Reply 5
ZeeshanG
I am afraid asimhaque is wrong if you are doing physical and human, the topics are:
Paper 1 - Rocks ; Rivers ; Glaciation ( NOT Tectonics, coasts, ecosystems or weather)

Paper 2 Settlement (NOT Population), Agriculture (NOT Industry), Development (NOT Resources)

yeh.. that seems right.
i've studied these areas.

asim, i think the specification is different for year 10's.
but thank you for the help guys! :wink:
Reply 6
Also, is there a Skills section on each paper
e.g map reading etc.

i know its on paper 1, not sure about 2.
Reply 7
Also, are there any specific case studies or w/e?...

i've learnt about the lake district but anything else?
Reply 8
Aside from what other people have been saying it is set out like this

Paper 1 (40%)

Section A - Skills answer all three questions and is out of 25

Section B - Answer three of the following; Tectonic activity, rivers, Coastal features, rocks and landscape, glacial processes, ecosytems or weather and climate.

Paper 2 (35% - Cw makes the remaining 25%)

You have to answer three question, but you have to pick from groups of two

1) Population or settlement
2) Agriculture or industion
3) Managing resources or development

Don't make the mistake lots of people do and only go for the questions you've studied not the ones that you think "that looks easy".
Reply 9
Connor132
Aside from what other people have been saying it is set out like this

Paper 1

Section A - Skills answer all three questions and is out of 25

Section B - Answer three of the following; Tectonic activity, rivers, Coastal features, rocks and landscape, glacial processes, ecosytems or weather and climate.

Paper 2

You have to answer three question, but you have to pick from groups of two

1) Population or settlement
2) Agriculture or industion
3) Managing resources or development

Don't make the mistake lots of people do and only go for the questions you've studied not the ones that you think "that looks easy".

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!
Perfect answer :tongue:

I'm doing rivers, glacial processes, weather and climate.

paper 2, settlements, agriculture, managing resources.

Thanks again! :smile:
Reply 10
sorry for any confusion, I think I did a different specification, i had the paper today man it was annoying because things came up in the exam which we haven't even learnt!! so annoyed!!
Reply 11
asimhaque
sorry for any confusion, I think I did a different specification, i had the paper today man it was annoying because things came up in the exam which we haven't even learnt!! so annoyed!!

same... i got some real hard questions.
we're doing the same spec, just different topics.

Latest

Trending

Trending