does it matter? Watch

This discussion is closed.
babylon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
does it matter if when the nurse asks u whether u smoke and u say no altho u do smoke socially?
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If the nurse asks you a question, it's because he/she wants to know the answer.

Smoking socially probably won't do you much harm (depending on how often you are 'social'), but there's no point in lying to a nurse. He/she only wants to help, and might not be able to if you give false information.
babylon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
If the nurse asks you a question, it's because he/she wants to know the answer.

Smoking socially probably won't do you much harm (depending on how often you are 'social'), but there's no point in lying to a nurse. He/she only wants to help, and might not be able to if you give false information.
it's cos my mum came in with me. i would have told the nurse if it was just me and her
Leisure17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well just tell someone later, when your mum is not with you. Yes, it does matter, because some things change when you smoke. If you were up for an operation you could be needing a higher dose of anaesthetics. When getting things done in local anaesthetic dito. So the question does make sense, but I can understand you not wanting to tell in front of your mum. Can't you send her out? If your over 14 that should be possible at your request, even if she might be a bit annoyed, but she could talk to the doctor afterwards and you can tell him/her not to tell about the smoking bit.
Chris.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wouldn't it be a bit obvious though?

"do you smoke at all?"

"mum can you leave the room for me to answer please"
Leisure17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well get her out for the whole medical history!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (78)
30%
No - I got the required grades (149)
57.31%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.69%

Watched Threads