Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I doubt anyone will be able to clear this up for me, but i'm starting Upper sixth tomorow, does anyone know the drill? I've been told you go in and start your timetable that day, other people have told me that we go in for interviews tomorow and start officialy on thursday and others have told me we don't even go in til thursday!

I obviously know all the days will be different but whats the drill for everyone else? i even tried ringing school up but the women on reception didn't have a clue, neither have any of my friends?

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If no-one has a clue I guess there is no problem as you're all in the same boat. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    If no-one has a clue I guess there is no problem as you're all in the same boat. Don't worry
    i know. But my sixth form is part of my high school (if you get what i mean) so all the dates are different, Y7 go bk one day, Y8-11 another, lower sixth one day and upper sixth another. Just don't wanna look like a rite prat if i go into school tomorow and im the only one, lol

ReputationRep:
    If your friends aren't sure, just make sure you go in with them, then you won't look quite as silly. :p:

ReputationRep:
    i suppose thats a good idea. If i'm going down, they're coming with me! lol

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    maybe i should phone all my freinds and say we're starting tomorow, and then i can stay in bed, that way i'll find out if we actually did, and won't look like a prat...brilliant idea i think..

ReputationRep:
    We don't go back until the 7th,and everyone starts back on the same day, but as you've already said it varies from area to area. Also, I'm only starting AS Levels this year, so orry I'm not able to be much help. I would walk up anyway just to be sure - if the school has life you should be able to tell.
    From what you've said for the first two options you have to go in either way so that may be the best policy. Check on your school calandar if you have one.

ReputationRep:
    i'v rang the school up, even they don't seem to know, and im trusting these people to educate me...oh dear

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've just gone back today, into the Upper Sixth. Obviously yeah, it's gonna be loads different at each sixth form but just thought I'd say what we did!

First two lessons we were getting our timetables, and sorting out any problems with them (for example, I was still enrolled on all four of my AS courses, and I wanted to drop one of these at A2 and then take up an additional AS level this year). After that did some boring stuff (assembly etc) and then lessons started as normal at period three.

Might as well just go in, or ring up the school when the office opens (it's usually around 8am) and ask!

EDIT: Just read your post! Ignore the whole calling them up thing :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've just gone back today, into the Upper Sixth. Obviously yeah, it's gonna be loads different at each sixth form but just thought I'd say what we did!

First two lessons we were getting our timetables, and sorting out any problems with them (for example, I was still enrolled on all four of my AS courses, and I wanted to drop one of these at A2 and then take up an additional AS level this year). After that did some boring stuff (assembly etc) and then lessons started as normal at period three.

Might as well just go in, or ring up the school when the office opens (it's usually around 8am) and ask!
    thats the usual schedual for us on the first day back. I have rang up, but even they don't know, thats the worrying thing! **** it ill get up at 7am, go to school in my nice new uniform and see what they say, if we're not back, i'll just say im eager... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    At my school, everyone goes back tomorrow, but only the Year 7s, 9s and 12s start at the normal time (8.45). The Year 13s go back at 9.45 (including me, yay! ) and the Year 8s, 10s and 11s go back at some other times I don't know. We spend the morning in assembly, sorting out timetables etc and the afternoon in a lesson.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll probably be starting back on the same day as the year 8s-11s...or atleast that's what happens at my school. The newbies (i.e. years 7 and 12) start on one day, and then everyone else returns the following day.

ReputationRep:
    Year 13 starts at 1:30pm at my school tomorrow. I imagine i'm going in to sort out form groups, collect my timetable and go home again?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.