Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer, but I don't know whether to accept it or not. Can anybody give me an idea of what the course involves (in terms of workload etc.) beyond what is in the prospectus/on the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cacambo)
    I've got an offer, but I don't know whether to accept it or not. Can anybody give me an idea of what the course involves (in terms of workload etc.) beyond what is in the prospectus/on the website?

I really would not like to cause you any offence, but it strikes me that you should have done this investigation BEFORE applying? No?

I cant beleive u are considering turning down an Oxbridge offer because of workload issues (or similar)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cacambo)
    good on you, someone who doesn't see cambridge as the be all and end all!

(Original post by Mentally Ill)
    I cant beleive u are considering turning down an Oxbridge offer because of workload issues (or similar)
    surely thats *the* only reason to turn them down..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    surely thats *the* only reason to turn them down..
    Well I guess everyone has their opinion.....after all, you get six choices so you will have to turn 5 down. IMO, Oxbridge offers the best degree, so to have an offer and not accept would be shocking....but I guess not everyone thinks Oxbridge offer the best degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    I really would not like to cause you any offence, but it strikes me that you should have done this investigation BEFORE applying? No?

First of all, I applied to Cambridge at the last minute on the advice of my college. I did oodles of research into other institutions (UCL, Bristol, Warwick etc.), but didn't ever see Cambridge as a realistic option.

Secondly, I have no problem with the workload (I love my subject), I just wonder whether (in terms of "life experience") it might be better to go elsewhere.

I think I'm going to have to e-mail them and ask them if I can visit.

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.