This discussion is closed.
blindinsight
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i was thinking, there are lots of people who get stuck on the dole. so what about making them work for the dole. kind of work experience and community service stuff, 9-5 a couple of days a week, helping out in old age homes and working with the environment. they'd get new skills and references, and wouldn't forget about the work environment. And it would act as a disincentive to free loaders. what does everyone think?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blindinsight)
i was thinking, there are lots of people who get stuck on the dole. so what about making them work for the dole. kind of work experience and community service stuff, 9-5 a couple of days a week, helping out in old age homes and working with the environment. they'd get new skills and references, and wouldn't forget about the work environment. And it would act as a disincentive to free loaders. what does everyone think?
Its a good idea in practise but in reality it may not work out. You can't force people to work for free and there simply isn't enough paid jobs to go round. I think they should make it a condition that if you're on the dole you should have to do some cummunity service. Stuff like painting, removing grafiti etc.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (233)
61.48%
Yes- I don't like it (17)
4.49%
No- I want it (104)
27.44%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.6%

Watched Threads