emmigrating Watch

This discussion is closed.
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
wasnt there a road some were with no cams then after they stuck one of there was like 7 more deaths a year?

was on tv yonks ago...

i have an aweful memory

its also a fact that they put cameras where the speed shoud be higher. i.e open, clear dual carriageways with 2-3 miles between junctions and the speed limit is 50

and there not in accident hotspots either. there is 1 that got burnt out which pretty much destroyed the camera. but theyve replaced the insides so it works, but there is no reflective strip on the back, and the (now) black camera blends in with the trees all around it
Brown Eyed Girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Delightful..

i think they just like fining people..
OMGWTF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im sick of the UK. I want to move to Italy
MorbidAngel
(Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
Delightful..

i think they just like fining people..

yup. they estimate to catch 3 million people speeding this year
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MorbidAngel)
yup. they estimate to catch 3 million people speeding this year
:: waits for speeding camera's on walking to be installed ::

another reason to find people
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
and how often are they needed? 2-3 hours per day during school days. tell me. how many kids are out playing outside a school at 11PM?

panic braking. even from those who arent speedin. nuff said.

and of course the government are going to deny it. after all, itll cost them £180 million per year
what so just because you say "panic braking" that automatically means that speed cameras cause more accidents than they prevent?
its quite simple - stick to the bloody speed limit. why would you panic brake if you were doing the speed limit - i dont, because i dont have anything to worry about.
well the ones outside schools i've seen are the ones that are 20mph when the red lights flash, not 20mph all the time. The only other one is on a very thin road and good, because i wouldnt like to be coming the other way if someone was speeding down there.
MorbidAngel
(Original post by Fleece)
what so just because you say "panic braking" that automatically means that speed cameras cause more accidents than they prevent?
its quite simple - stick to the bloody speed limit. why would you panic brake if you were doing the speed limit - i dont, because i dont have anything to worry about.
because people have an instinct to slow down when they see a talivan/gatso

well the ones outside schools i've seen are the ones that are 20mph when the red lights flash, not 20mph all the time. The only other one is on a very thin road and good, because i wouldnt like to be coming the other way if someone was speeding down there.
might be different where you are, but up here the 20 zones are all the time
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
because people have an instinct to slow down when they see a talivan/gatso

might be different where you are, but up here the 20 zones are all the time
but if you're doing a reasonable speed braking isnt going to make so much of a difference.
MorbidAngel
but if you're doing a reasonable speed braking isnt going to make so much of a difference.

but you dont expect the person infront to slam the brakes on.

also, speed ramps encourage speeding. depending on location, i often do 30-40 between them to catch up to where i would have been had i been able to do 25-30 throughout
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If people didn't speed then there would be no fines, simple as, and there would be fewer traffic jams.
MorbidAngel
(Original post by silent p......?)
If people didn't speed then there would be no fines, simple as, and there would be fewer traffic jams.
not so true. traffic jams are caused by the state of the roads. they would rather spend money on speed ramps and makin those stupid things where 1 side has to give way to the other, adding to the problem
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
but you dont expect the person infront to slam the brakes on.

also, speed ramps encourage speeding. depending on location, i often do 30-40 between them to catch up to where i would have been had i been able to do 25-30 throughout
well from what you're saying thats exactly what you DO expect.

and why are you so impatient/in so much of a rush that you need to speed in between ramps.
MorbidAngel
well from what you're saying thats exactly what you DO expect.

and why are you so impatient/in so much of a rush that you need to speed in between ramps.

becaus ei expect to get from A to B. fair enough other traffic slow you down, but why slow down in an open, clear road.

oh, and another reason for hatin the government: my jobs at risk because of their stupid ideas
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
becaus ei expect to get from A to B. fair enough other traffic slow you down, but why slow down in an open, clear road.

oh, and another reason for hatin the government: my jobs at risk because of their stupid ideas
go on then..enlighten us as to why..
Cazzi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Id go to austria (NOT AUSTRIALIA)....love the chilled out way of life....the people....the food and the lack of tony blair!
JakeR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you guys are lucky, you can actually go to these places legally to live in.

i'm stuck!!
MorbidAngel
go on then..enlighten us as to why..
governments doesnt want local councils
BlokeFromStoke
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
20mph bans are pretty common around here and there are plenty that are quite a distance from schools. I find that I concentrate too much on watching my speedo instead of looking at the road in areas with lots of cameras. It's an absolute joke. When I last went to Scotland there was a speed camera van hidden on the side of the A74(M) which was not busy at all. It was hidden behind a bridge at the bottom of a descent. Surely if safety was paramount it would be protecting kiddies from evil motorists or placed somewhere that is an accident blackspot. It's a cash cow in the majority of cases.
MorbidAngel
(Original post by BlokeFromStoke)
It's a cash cow in the majority of cases.
thats pretty much sums up all of the government. after all, they need our money to give all the immigrants loads of fre stuff. houses cars etc. after all, they cant be livin on the street and if they have a free car surely itll stop them nickin someone else's
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
not so true. traffic jams are caused by the state of the roads. they would rather spend money on speed ramps and makin those stupid things where 1 side has to give way to the other, adding to the problem
Not really, there would be fewer traffic jams if people drove slower, which means if you drive slower on the motorways with a larger distance between cars then you should get where you want to faster. There are also traffic jams caused by people being nosey and looking at what caused a traffic jam on the otherside of the road, people are so dumb.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise