I took a look on the FCO website... Watch

This discussion is closed.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by YaMahdi)
And rightly so. Same with any other religion or race.
Islam isn't a race, and Islam isn't a people group, its a set of beliefs.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I never said it was an illness, abnormal at most.

In todays society people are speaking against Islam without having grasped what the faith is about. The sick thing in society is that the moment anyone says anything remotely derogatory about homosexuals they are beaten down in a flash. It seems that at times Pro homosexual propaganda is being force fed to the population.
Thats a far cry from being arrested for saying anything derogatory about an ideology that is equal hostile to homosexuality.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
A "set of beliefs"? I think you mean a "religion" don't you?
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes. Religion is a just a set of beliefs of which critcism should be allowed. After all, we criticise other important texts dont we, such as Constitutions and laws.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes. Religion is a just a set of beliefs of which critcism should be allowed. After all, we criticise other important texts dont we, such as Constitutions and laws.
De acuerdo.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Had to google that one, but I believe this is 'acuerdo total'
YaMahdi
Report 13 years ago
I didnt say it is!!
YaMahdi
Report 13 years ago
yes most certainly. however, those who criticise should know what they are talking about.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes most certainly. however, those who criticise should know what they are talking about.
Or be arrested?
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
Calling Islam an illness will have you arrested and prosecuted.
What is wrong with it being criticised?
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Should we draw up a list of approved Islam critics then?
YaMahdi
Report 13 years ago
Or be arrested?
i dont know have any opinion on that.

on a seperate note vienna, are you some sort of hitler in disguise you seem to have to say everything against Islam in every Islam related post.

If Islam has so many flaws why does it have well over a billion followers and the highest coversion rate??
YaMahdi
Report 13 years ago
Should we draw up a list of approved Islam critics then?
if your going to be stupid about it then thats your perogative your just proving how much of an idiot you really are.

Know Islam before criticizing it.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if your going to be stupid about it then thats your perogative your just proving how much of an idiot you really are.

Know Islam before criticizing it.
How am I being stupid? Are you suggesting we live in a Big Brother nation where we lack the freedom of opinion and the right to criticise is only reserved for those on an approved list? Because that is exactly what you are saying :rolleyes:
watford110
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)

1. Al-Qur'an is not anti-gay. It disapproves, I'll admit, of gay sex, but the attraction itself was not viewed as a crime until the Hadith came along and wrecked most of what Muhammad (PBUH) had said. In fact, some Muslim scholars (once again, I have to concede, liberals) believe that it is gay lust, not gay love, that is prohibited, and that gay sex, too, is thus OK.
I dont think any right-minded scholar would say it is OK. If they have then surely by know they have been discredited.

Homosexuality is adequately dealt with in Islam. There are no two ways about it. Its not allowed fullstop.

What kind of mulsim are you to post such illogical or false posts with regards to the great religion.
YaMahdi
Report 13 years ago
How am I being stupid? Are you suggesting we live in a Big Brother nation where we lack the freedom of opinion and the right to criticise is only reserved for those on an approved list? Because that is exactly what you are saying :rolleyes:
I have not once mentioned a list!! get over the f'in lsit!

People can pass judgement on what they like. Only if they back up their views with evidence you can give them the light of day.

If i went up to say a KKK member and said your group is a fascist bully organization then he would probably laugh. But if i referred to cases and evidence of where the KKK have acted like bullies or fascists then he/she would have no answer.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i dont know have any opinion on that.

on a seperate note vienna, are you some sort of hitler in disguise you seem to have to say everything against Islam in every Islam related post.

If Islam has so many flaws why does it have well over a billion followers and the highest coversion rate??
I dont like Islam. Does that make me Hitler? Ill let you answer.

They arent educated, they have little choice, they dont know any better, its a product of their social circumstance?
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have not once mentioned a list!! get over the f'in lsit!

People can pass judgement on what they like. Only if they back up their views with evidence you can give them the light of day.

If i went up to say a KKK member and said your group is a fascist bully organization then he would probably laugh. But if i referred to cases and evidence of where the KKK have acted like bullies or fascists then he/she would have no answer.
No, you agreed that those who criticised Islam should be arrested unless they "know what they are talking about". We shouldn't have to live in a nanny state where people are not allowed to express their views. If someone comes up to you and you do not think they know what they are talking about then prove them wrong instead of hollering for their immediate arrest. :rolleyes:
YaMahdi
Report 13 years ago
No, you agreed that those who criticised Islam should be arrested unless they "know what they are talking about". We shouldn't have to live in a nanny state where people are not allowed to express their views. If someone comes up to you and you do not think they know what they are talking about then prove them wrong instead of hollering for their immediate arrest. :rolleyes:
When did i say this???

You need to read my post's before replying.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When did i say this???

You need to read my post's before replying.
Calling Islam an illness will have you arrested and prosecuted.
There.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (78)
30%
No - I got the required grades (149)
57.31%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.69%

Watched Threads