The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Could anyone fill me in on what happened in the very last five minutes of the last episode? My recording ended!
Original post by riotgrrl

Could anyone fill me in on what happened in the very last five minutes of the last episode? My recording ended!

Council call infront of the Lannisters, Joffrey on throne. They fire the main guy of Kings Guard. He's annoyed. Then Sansa comes up infront of them asking for mercy for her father. Joffrey calls him a traitor. She says he was confused, been given milk of the poppy, mislead by Baratheon brothers. He'll testify that Joffrey is the rightful king. Then it ended.
Original post by Consilio Et Animis
Council call infront of the Lannisters, Joffrey on throne. They fire the main guy of Kings Guard. He's annoyed. Then Sansa comes up infront of them asking for mercy for her father. Joffrey calls him a traitor. She says he was confused, been given milk of the poppy, mislead by Baratheon brothers. He'll testify that Joffrey is the rightful king. Then it ended.

loved episode 8 left me wanting more.... but ohwell guess i have to wait till next wk . khal Drogo n Daenerys` pet names for eachother always make me smile :smile: n he is such a bad ass cant believe he ripped out some1`s tongue :/ ewww but still awesomeeeee n cersei of late has that smirk of *yeah im overly achieved what are you going to do about it*
Reply 384
only 2 episodes left :frown:
We should make a whole thread just on Robb Starks' badassery, he's really come into his own

Also the 'fight' scene with Drogo and his friend, won't say it was really a fight cos he was just waiting to end the dude but yeah it was pretty cool
Reply 386
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Only two? Ah, the bane of all television. Waiting a whole year for the next series.

might read the books don't wanna wait a year
Reply 387
Original post by a_t
might read the books don't wanna wait a year

IMO, the story starts proper (both over-arcing and for each individual character) after this book/series. This is really just a prelude. You're gonna wanna read them :P
Original post by lukejoshjedi
We should make a whole thread just on Robb Starks' badassery, he's really come into his own

Also the 'fight' scene with Drogo and his friend, won't say it was really a fight cos he was just waiting to end the dude but yeah it was pretty cool

"I already have" -SLICE-
Loved it.

Can't believe there's only two episodes left! I have to say, I don't think the season finale is going to be particularly brilliant because I don't see how they're going to make it feel like the end of a season, rather than just any other old episode.
Reply 389
"I already have" -SLICE-
Loved it.

Can't believe there's only two episodes left! I have to say, I don't think the season finale is going to be particularly brilliant because I don't see how they're going to make it feel like the end of a season, rather than just any other old episode.

I think the end of the book lends itself perfectly to and end-of-season cliffhanger type situation.
Original post by Planto
I think the end of the book lends itself perfectly to and end-of-season cliffhanger type situation.

Oooh, that's good to know :smile:
Reply 391
Original post by Planto
IMO, the story starts proper (both over-arcing and for each individual character) after this book/series. This is really just a prelude. You're gonna wanna read them :P

I'm downloading all 4 on audiobook, get through them in that commute to work
Reply 392
Original post by lukejoshjedi

I don't know about badass. Certainly courageous, but it's a courage couched in stupidity, much like Ned's. The Starks in general seem to have be obsessed with ideas of how the world should work rather than how it does. Robb is no different; warring against the Lannisters is all kinds of stupid, regardless of his father's plight and it being the honourable thing to do, and letting the spy go, thereby showing his hand, is even worse.
(edited 12 years ago)
What happened to Arrya's sword master? Also my liking for Tyrion has gone down massively this episode after raising people against the Vale like that.
Reply 394
Original post by hamijack
What happened to Arrya's sword master? Also my liking for Tyrion has gone down massively this episode after raising people against the Vale like that.

I think you may have misunderstood Tyrion's motives somewhat :tongue:
Reply 395
Original post by RealityIsDull
I recognised Bronn and wasn't sure why...

Its only Jerome Flynn of Robson and Jerome fame...mind blown!

Soldier, soldier!

Think the beard and brown suits him. More bad-arse!

On a side note, I always enjoy the music they play at the end. The music that ended this one was excellent. Moody and intense, with a hint of foreboding.

I also could have sworn that that guy who had his fingers bitten off was in Casualty!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I think he falls before the commanding knight, Meryn.

:frown:
Original post by Planto
I think you may have misunderstood Tyrion's motives somewhat :tongue:

I understand his motives, but I thought he would ultimately be on the side of good rather than that of the Lannisters.
Reply 397
Original post by hamijack
I understand his motives, but I thought he would ultimately be on the side of good rather than that of the Lannisters.

First and foremost he's on the side of not getting torn apart by mountain tribes. He's not in the slightest bit interested in raising an army against the Vale, he just didn't want Shagga to cut off his manhood and feed it to the goats.
Reply 398
Original post by Christien
I don't know about badass. Certainly courageous, but it's a courage couched in stupidity, much like Ned's. The Starks in general seem to have be obsessed with ideas of how the world should work rather than how it does. Robb is no different; warring against the Lannisters is all kinds of stupid, regardless of his father's plight and it being the honourable thing to do, and letting the spy go, thereby showing his hand, is even worse.

You kinda missed the point. He's actually being very clever.
I've just realised that Dothraki guy following Daenerys around is Guppy from Casualty!

That one has been bugging me for ages, knew I recognised him.

Latest

Trending

Trending