The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

LEEDS MET UNORGANISED (welcome packs and info)

Im sure all us leeds met students know about the feeling we are getting from leeds met at the mo.

Has any1 going to the met had ANYTHING thru the post yet? Ive had absolutely NOTHING apart from 3 letters stating the same thing.

any1 phoned up? i cant ring cus we have like a national barring thing on the home phone and my parents away (and 0p on the mobile)

can anyone shed any light!?

(ve had accommodation stuff thru, but thts probably cus its not leeds met owned!!)

:biggrin: :confused: :confused: :biggrin:
Reply 1
ive spoken to Leeds Met and they said that they dont send out the welcome/info packs early because people tend to lose them/stuff in them and also there is really no need to have it way before you go. I recieved a postcard this morning saying they'd recieved my AS16 form or wotever it was and that my welcome pack would be on its way very soon. Im not really that bothered about not getting it early, as long as i get it before i go.
Its only been just over two weeks since results day,so we have to give them a chance, i didnt get my confirmation letter from ucas till the 19th, sent it off the next day, you gotta consider that they need to recieve them all, and prob have alot to do their end once they get them!
Don't panic!! it will all be ok! :biggrin::biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
krisshaw
Im sure all us leeds met students know about the feeling we are getting from leeds met at the mo.

Has any1 going to the met had ANYTHING thru the post yet? Ive had absolutely NOTHING apart from 3 letters stating the same thing.

any1 phoned up? i cant ring cus we have like a national barring thing on the home phone and my parents away (and 0p on the mobile)

can anyone shed any light!?

(ve had accommodation stuff thru, but thts probably cus its not leeds met owned!!)

:biggrin: :confused: :confused: :biggrin:

why aint u on msn? xxx
Reply 3
Just had to see if there was any update on this. Has everyone received stuff through now? I still haven't heard a thing. The most I've had so far is a postcard advising that I'll receive the information in August.
I've tried emailling just to be told to wait. This is really making me think I've picked the wrong place.
I was told that induction info would be sent out this week.

Only today have I recieved my unconditional offer (I went through clearing). Finally I can open a student bank account!

Don't worry though.
Reply 5
oh thankgod im not the only one, in the newstudent website everyone seemed to of got theirs sat jus gone??!! I was going to ring them up but ill prob jus get the same answer as u lot.
B better if they wrote saying 'ulll get ur welcome packs soon' and not write that ull get them in august when u dont lol?! gem xx
Reply 6
i would advise you to not judge the uni on the fact we havent got our welcome packs yet! Its one thing! it will all be ok!!! :biggrin:
also have you all got accomodation sorted?! ive started a accomodation thread but not had many replies?! please reply if your not on there so i can add you!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t146759.html
Reply 7
Hi, luckily I recieved my induction pack on wed so I know whats going on in the first week!!

Has every1 else got everything sorted out and received what they need to know for tomorrow?
Reply 8
i hav nothing! just gonna go to my induction meeting an explain it to them
Reply 9
I haven't had a welcome pack or an induction pack and i've got to be there today! All the info should be on their uni web site, think its a bit of a poor show though.

Latest