Lack of sleep - stress related? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am currently suffering from a lack of sleep, not due to excessive partying or anything similair but mainly due to quite simply not being able to get to sleep.

My current routine consists of eating around 6 or 7 pm followed by abit of light revision or using the playstation 2 / p.c. before bed. I go to the gym around 4-5pm three times a week although sometimes I find that this leads to a "second wind" of evening energy - not a good feature to have when you want to sleep!

I find that I am spending time lying awake worrying about exams and other important issues such as holding down my job for another seven or eight months before I hopefully gain admission to University.

More often than not I go to bed at around 11/12pm and toss and turn until 2 or 3 worrying. I then sleep till about 7 or 8am which is only giving me around 4 or 5 hrs sleep a night - clearly not enough to run an active life on (although I understand that Margaret Thatcher survived on this!).

I suspect that my sleeping problems relate to having As Government and Politics modules on Friday afternoon.

Does anyone else find that sleeping becomes a problem the closer that you get to exam time?
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i sometimes have trouble sleeping, key thing i find is to clear your mind of any problems or queries, concentrate on the darkness
maybe try to imagine a pleasant situation which makes you relax more.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I am currently suffering from a lack of sleep, not due to excessive partying or anything similair
And why not??

ultimately you could always resort to sleeping tablets. Or try herbal stuff.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Absolution)
i sometimes have trouble sleeping, key thing i find is to clear your mind of any problems or queries, concentrate on the darkness
maybe try to imagine a pleasant situation which makes you relax more.
What, like Kiera Knightley bouncing up and down ontop of me?
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What, like Kiera Knightley bouncing up and down ontop of me?
:rolleyes:
i know her. I could make your dream a reality...
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by serendipity)
Is it true that she is only 19, she acts alot older, but there again I suppose that this is her role, to act that is!

Funnily enough...

I used to have friends that partied in semi celebrity circles and I got invited to some c-list bash at a London nightclub. I went in with my friends and a guy called Terry Christian who they knew, apparantly he is famous for "The Word" or something.
Stood talking to Terry Christain (I had no idea who he was at the time) I got approached by someone who I later found out to be Daniella Nanardi (sp?) who spent 30 minutes chatting me up until she realised that I was a showbiz nobody and promptly moved on.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?

LOL, could you actually be her, after all you state that YOU could make my dream a reality ?

I would love to be photographed with Kiera Knightley at a nightclub for some tabloid just to piss off my girlfriend.

Stranger things have happened...
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LOL, could you actually be her, after all you state that YOU could make my dream a reality ?

I would love to be photographed with Kiera Knightley at a nightclub for some tabloid just to piss off my girlfriend.

Stranger things have happened...
She's 18 and lives down the road from me. We used to hang around in the same group of friends. You're right, she looks way older.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
She's 18 and lives down the road from me. We used to hang around in the same group of friends. You're right, she looks way older.
Thats great, now is she single?

On a serious note she is definatly a thinking mans girl. Seems to have alot more brains then alot of other pin ups.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lack of sleep? No! Lack of booze more like.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Apparently if you use sleeping tablets too much you end up relying on them and not being able to sleep at all without them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads