Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can someone write a long sentence that sounds intelligent but is also completely meaningless?

ReputationRep:
    I do it all the time.
    I believe its called "essay-writing".

ReputationRep:
    'The analysis of questions that challenge the individual to promote, develop and internalise the diminishing returns of intellectual phenomena, provide the polemical opportunities that are so devoid of practical and phenomenological approaches, to the elemental production of systematic reportage.'

That do as a first attempt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catski)
    essay
    aaah!
    not an essay! :argh:

ReputationRep:
    Read any one of Profesh's posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif)
    LOL! Indeed.

Darkenergy, your avy is adorable, maaaaaaaw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    LOL! Indeed.

Darkenergy, your avy is adorable, maaaaaaaw.
    nah, pikachu is better, "Pika, Pikaaaaaaa!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ancientone)
    'The analysis of questions that challenge the individual to promote, develop and internalise the diminishing returns of intellectual phenomena, provide the polemical opportunities that are so devoid of practical and phenomenological approaches, to the elemental production of systematic reportage.'

Yes, it's cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    While following Derrida, both his body and the logic of his words, fills the screen with images, of desert, of ruins, and of the ocean, that appear as something like the aporetic hauntings of those words, something perhaps of their excised unconscious, something that functions within the perspective of a pardon and a healing

ReputationRep:
    watch the tv show 'Yes minister' and take down some of Sir Humphreys speeches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theisticandy)
    watch the tv show 'Yes minister' and take down some of Sir Humphreys speeches
    But his speeches aren't completely meaningless, they're just an extremely hyperbolic way of saying something pretty simple

ReputationRep:
    Tony Blair's speeches.

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:. Mean but :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ancientone)

Mind if i quote that in my psychology essay on education? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely;

(Original post by Profesh)
    Absent extenuating circumstances, Pi [very droll, by the way], your teacher has no reason to suppose you capable of anything more than that which you have already achieved; and I rather doubt that he would wish to subvert the (lacklustre) integrity of an already much-maligned 'predictions' system yet further by projecting 'B' attainment, especially when one considers that A2 is liable to be academically at least as rigorous as AS, if not more so. Make it your business to convince him otherwise: you consciously (albeit foolishly and presumptuously) procrastinated during the exam period in the knowledge that January's re-sits would tide you over, for instance [although the efficacy of such a tactic relies principally upon trust]. Should your candour and academic resolve fail to thwart his staunch professionalism, then I fear a certain degree of re-assessment need be in order: perhaps it would have proved wise not to afford yourself the benefit of the doubt quite so prematurely; unless, of course, you didn't, in which case it occurs to my mind that your academic potential could not suffice to justify such an offer anyway; however much you might 'need' it.

N.B. Besides which, I am under the apprehension that 'pharmacy' denotes a vocation: honestly, who gives a toss where from you graduate? Provided attainment of 2:1 or higher, I rather doubt that the difference between 'BBB' and 'BBC' at A-Level will end up cause for dismay. Get 'ABB', go to Keele, and prove his scepticism unfounded.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.