A2 Maths:How much harder than C1/C2/S1 is C3 and C4?(edexcel)

Watch
Princestia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
A2 Maths: How much harder than C1/C2/S1 is C3 and C4?(edexcel)
In terms of volume of content, difficulty of content, difficulty in understanding the content, type/difficulty of exam questions, etc.?

Thanks

[Edexcel only please]
monkey01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
personally i found c3 easier than c2.....c1/s1 are cool preety much same as S2 but c4 which ive got on friday is a *****
titsmcgee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Princestia)
In terms of volume of content, difficulty of content, difficulty in understanding the content, type/difficulty of exam questions, etc.?

Thanks

[Edexcel only please]
there is a lot of stuff you have to know for c3 and c4, especially trig stuff (which seems simple but is actually deceptively difficult).
OMGWTFBBQ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The A2 modules are ~50% harder than the AS modules I found... however, the stretch & challenge questions (which do not come up in AS at the end of papers) can be very hard - possibly 100%, 150% harder than AS.
jamz0770
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've found them both quite alot harder
C1- 93UMS
C2- 83UMS
C3- In my past papers I get about 65-70UMS
c4 Is similar
zadaafridi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi. I've just started C3 today. We done Integration, which i found easy. I wonder what's in store for us though, lol
Extricated
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Same as the guy above me :
C1 : 100 UMS
C2 : 100 UMS
C3 : 100 UMS
M1 : 100 UMS

LOL jk im in year 10
Torrresss
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got 100% in C1/2 and 90% in M1 and S1, and I find the other two really hard. I'll probably get around 60-70% in C3 and C4 I'd be really happy if I could get 50%. So yeah they are a lot harder, doesn't help that I've been rushed through them as the school didn't time table enough lessons for further maths....
Ammelia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends. I find core 3 really easy (taking exam tomorrow). My friends say the trig is the most difficult though. Dunno about C4 because I don't start it until friday.
wolfspirit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've found C3 and C4 a LOT harder than C1, but for reason I found them both easier than C2! I just never got C2 I think :p: In terms of exams, the questions are pretty repetitive so with a lot of past paper practice you get the hang of it quite quickly

C3 is tomorrow :woo:
himegan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
c3 and c4 make c1 and c2 look unbelievably easy.
they are a lot harder especially if you do not keep up to date on work.
Conorrr9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think a lot harder actually. Lots of new differentiation c3, and integration c4!!
c1 85
c2 86
s1 93
c3 71
s2 76 (i'm resitting)
c4 (not sat)
Peregrine
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Intergration in C4 is the bane of my life.
Muffin.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't find them much harder, I definately found C3 & 4 easier than S1 & M1
PhilliChilli
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Princestia)

Thanks

[Edexcel only please]
I dont know whether you are a fast learner etc but i personall found c3 c4 really intense compared to c1 c2 s1. All i can say is that the trigonometry is more difficult n there are a LOT more formulas for you to use :eek: but to be honest if you constantly go over what you find difficult and practise it to be honest it should be fine ! :yep:
[s2 is ay easier than s1 to be honest and its much shorter ]
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
umm c3 is not too bad really, there isn't much on the spec for that unit and a lot of it is fairly straightforward - when we moved onto it I found it better than C2. I managed high A's across AS and I'm looking for a mid A on C3 really.

C4. makes me want to literally die. I can't do any of it, the integration is impossible and every question is different. I'm aiming for a C.
unamed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
C1 - I didn't like it, it was too.. boring, 86
C2 - I loved it. 96
M1 - I also loved. 92
C3 - I liked it, but it was too triggy :giggles:! 83
C4 - good question. Integration should go burn itself in some deep pit of hell. I like it though. . Who knows?
M2 - I loved. I generally prefer the application modules to the core.
Smeh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When I first started C3 I was like :lolwut:
But now that we've done C3&4, C3 is actually child's play compared to C4.
Vectors :afraid:
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't find C3 that bad although would have appreciated it just now if the markscheme hadn't decided to not have some numbers on for the answer and so been trying to get what I thought they meant just to realise that the markscheme is wrong :|

Don't even mention C4 to me! Bah! Although some questions on the papers are alright, like binomial expansion and the trapezium rule.
fionaflowers
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
C3 is easy to get the hang of

C4 will make you want to curl up in a ball and die
and that's not even an exaggeration
you will hate integration and vectors

i'm going to end up rockingin a corner on friday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise