The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

WilliamFoster
WOOHOO I have just had an offer from the latter to complete six offers!! (Economics)
Now have offers from Notts,Warck, Bristol, Durham, Edingburgh, Manchester. (Gosh i have a massive ego now good thing i didnt apply to oxbridge or lse, prob would have been rejected, lol).

My top two choices are notts and warwick, i love them both to bits but dont know which to choose.
In the only rankings i regard to be realistic (sunday times), warwick is 7th overall and notts is 9th. In the economics rankings in the times warwick is 3rd and notts is 4th (however, obviously unrealistic as they both top LSE, ha).
As you can see from there there is very little if anything at all between the two universities. At first the scale was favouring nottingham because of the social life but i have been told constantly by my annoying economics teacher that warwick has a better reputation than notts. What do you guys think in the way of how they are both viewed. Plus i initially thought notts has a higher average a-lever point score (i thrive in competition) but recently discovered the opposite although the difference was very small. I attend a private school and like to be around more people like me, does anyone know which has a higher propostion of private school intake.
Thanks and i look forward to hearing your arguments (however bias they may be, BUT DON'T MAKE SWEEPING STATEMENTS WHICH ARE CLEARLY INNACURATE, THEY ARE UNWELCOME).

Warwick i think has the more internationally reknown economics department. I think this year LSE topped both warwick and nott in the economics subject tables on the sunday times. Warwick has also got the higher research rating (5*)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
nero076
You're not a threat, but a lot of people who have to slog their way through shitty bog standard comprehensives resent private schools and the benefits they give their students.

You know there are crap private schools too, just read the league tables. Sometimes you really wonder why on earth parents pay to send their kids to the really abysmall institutions. And of course, some comprehensives top most private schools.
Reply 22
Nottingham every time
Reply 23
Definatley Warwick 100%! fantastic econ department.
Reply 24
ive just had exactly same offers as u for the same uni's for same course (except i got offer from york as opposed to durham)

if u want a more private skool based uni, nottingham is the one u wnat. im having trouble picking between nott and warwick myself. i think warwick has slightly better reputation at the moment, but its really ugly and social life theresnot great. im tending towards nott coz its got a great balance between reputation, and social life.
Reply 25
warwick,its a better uni by a way,plus nottinghams a violent dump of a city
Reply 26
WilliamFoster
reason being?
did you apply to either.

hey there, I would say defo warwick, I have offer from notts and warwick to read law, as im on my gap year i already have my grades! so ive got unconditional offers, cov aint bad its getting a better night life new bars, restaurants shops etc are being built and its starting to look real good! plus brum is only a 15 train ride away n its wikid in brum!. I live in cov im going to warwick, warwick has a better reputation than notts, I also have a mate who got her economics degree at warwick she graduated with a first, I have also found that as warwick is the most americanised uni and one of the most prestigous uni's in the UK as well as europe you have top companies comming to head hunt people from there for employment! so do yourself a favour goto warwick!
WilliamFoster
WOOHOO I have just had an offer from the latter to complete six offers!! (Economics)
Now have offers from Notts,Warck, Bristol, Durham, Edingburgh, Manchester. (Gosh i have a massive ego now good thing i didnt apply to oxbridge or lse, prob would have been rejected, lol).

My top two choices are notts and warwick, i love them both to bits but dont know which to choose.
In the only rankings i regard to be realistic (sunday times), warwick is 7th overall and notts is 9th. In the economics rankings in the times warwick is 3rd and notts is 4th (however, obviously unrealistic as they both top LSE, ha).
As you can see from there there is very little if anything at all between the two universities. At first the scale was favouring nottingham because of the social life but i have been told constantly by my annoying economics teacher that warwick has a better reputation than notts. What do you guys think in the way of how they are both viewed. Plus i initially thought notts has a higher average a-lever point score (i thrive in competition) but recently discovered the opposite although the difference was very small. I attend a private school and like to be around more people like me, does anyone know which has a higher propostion of private school intake.
Thanks and i look forward to hearing your arguments (however bias they may be, BUT DON'T MAKE SWEEPING STATEMENTS WHICH ARE CLEARLY INNACURATE, THEY ARE UNWELCOME).

Warwick has a far more prestigious department compared with Nottingham's. You'll find it ranked above nottingham in all economics tables as well. Their research is also of a higher quality.
Reply 28
im waitin 4 warwick for economics
it is much better than notts - the careers service is brilliant - they have gd links with firms in the city

Latest

Trending

Trending