Turn on thread page Beta

Do you / have you drank underage watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The reason I ask is I’m on TSR quite….. merry to say the least after celebrating passing my driving test despite only being 17, and I wondered if I am a rare case of underage drinking or whether it’s a common thing now. Post any comments bellow.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did.

ReputationRep:
    erm...WAY YES!

ReputationRep:
    I'd been drinking for years under the supervision of my parents. When it came to the age of cider in the park I wasn't all that interested since alcohol was nothing new. I can handle my drink pretty well for quite a skinny person.

Congrats on the driving test!! Just hide those keys

ReputationRep:
    think most people did.

Been a while since I was underage- get ID'd more now than I did when 18 though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    think most people did.

Been a while since I was underage- get ID'd more now than I did when 18 though :/
    see that’s another thing I’ve been clubbing since I've turned 16 as I’ve always looked allot older than I am, and have always wondered if that was a bit to soon as well, my mum has always thought that it was but has raised my to make my own decisions so has never interfered.

ReputationRep:
    I don't ever remember not drinking. I remember before i smoked though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    think most people did.

I get the same problem. I look pretty young so how I got away with it pre-18 I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I have drunk from when I was 13 yrs old and still aint legal but can get into over 18's bloody brilliant ^_^ oh and from when I was 15 (when I started going to over 18's) I have never been ID'd xoxo

ReputationRep:
    When I was 17 me and my mates were at the pub every weekend. Any younger than that and we only drank every now and again.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes, we used to be out on the raz every week from about 14. Having said that i think it was a lot easier to get served than it is nowadays as they seem to crack down more now.

ReputationRep:
    yeh am always drinking most nights but always fri and sats maybe only one or 2 nights i dont

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of drinks when Im at work, but thats it really.

ReputationRep:
    who hasnt drank under age? i mean come on!

ReputationRep:
    I've always drunk wine, from when I was about 12, but not serious drinking until ~I was maybe 15 ish. I don't actually drink that much any more, but I do have a v high tolerance level because I started so young.

ReputationRep:
    Think I started my white Lightning Drinking days with my mates when I was about 13

we went to the top of this multi story car park, good times.....

ReputationRep:
    i think the first time i was drunk i was about 11 i fell off the climbing frame and broke ma wrist ooopsy

but yeah most the time im drunk, apart from maybes 1/2 nights a week this being one but ive had a couple of cans so far

ReputationRep:
    my parents were really good they let me an me brother drink responsibly from a young age, around 10ish amybe younger, tho they wouldnt let us drink spirits til a bit later, i was bout 12 when i first had liquers, it was grand marnier

but that shouldnt suggest that i can handle my drink i still drink til i throw up :rolleyes:

its quite cool tho i usually get ID'd when i go clubbin at home but its never once happened when ive gone out in manc an everyone tells me there dead strict bout ID :confused:

ReputationRep:
    yes i did, all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 now, but yeah I did. I had my first drink at 14, and started drinking regularly (at the pub or parties at least once a week) when I was 16. I never drank in a bus stop or in the park or anything. Well actually... I did once get drunk in a field (the first time I ever got properly wasted).

My parents wouldn't have wanted me to drink as young as 14, but when I was drinking at 16 they knew and were fine with it. And actually bought the beers half the time. Then again, my mum used to supply me with weed so it's not really a surprise :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2005
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.