This discussion is closed.
TomB2000
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i got rejected from oxford a couple of weeks ago to read medicine, however i do have a place at UCL.

Can i accept my UCL offer and then turn it down when A-level results come out and reapply (if i want to)?
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TomB2000)
i got rejected from oxford a couple of weeks ago to read medicine, however i do have a place at UCL.

Can i accept my UCL offer and then turn it down when A-level results come out and reapply (if i want to)?
Officially no - if you accept and offer it is a binding contract. But in practice I would imagine that they wont force you to go if you dont want to.
Sazzle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Yup, you get a form to accept your offer in August when your offer (presumeably) has been made unconditional - this is the last opportunity to pull out easily.
Sarco
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Just don't expect UCL to give you another offer if you get rejected again from Oxford.
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sazzle)
Yup, you get a form to accept your offer in August when your offer (presumeably) has been made unconditional - this is the last opportunity to pull out easily.
Does it go on your ucas record or anything?
Sazzle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
Does it go on your ucas record or anything?
Dunno but I got 4 offers out of 4 this year, including one place I applied to last year and Oxford, so it's not a big deal.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (5)
50%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
10%
No- I want it (3)
30%
No- I don't want it (1)
10%

Watched Threads