Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im soon to be starting second year at MMU, supposedly living in cambridge halls. I havent heard anything from them about my room since they sent the forms asking for a deposit and the like, they took the deposit and sent me back 2 copies of the form with no explanation and I havent heard anything since. Theres no just 2 weeks to go and its starting to concern me a bit, is there anyone else here going in cambridge and have you had the letter confirming details of your room etc.. yet?
    I suppose I'll phone them tomorrow and find out whats going on, but thought i'd ask here.
    I also think this is my first post here, so Hi im Simon, and I go to MMU

ReputationRep:
    Wow. You have my username... only better.

ReputationRep:
    im not in cambridge but i havent heard ne thin either apart from the copies they sent me back wen they received my deposit, to be honest i dont think they send ne thin else... think ur just supposed to turn up on the 17th/18th... not sure about that tho, i hope so ne way since i havent had ne thineither.. lemme know what they say wen u call them up..

ReputationRep:
    Click on this for the best and most useful check list you will find for uni halls!

http://www.studential.com/checklist/default.asp

:party:

ReputationRep:
    have you recieved a pack of information concerning move in dates and how to register for your halls?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be in Oxford Court and i received a letter and map telling me when to move in and where to register... it came last week sometime..

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Daisy Bank and i got a letter saying what times to go, but not where 2 go/park or nething! theyr a bit pants at the accom office!

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter through post this mornin askin kindly if i would move in on the sunday even tho i'd planned to go on saturday!!
    Told me where to park and what to do upon arrival.
    I'm in cambridge halls btw
    But then i've already had a load of crap because i applied through my college rather than UCAS, an application which they then lost but no-one knew so i had to chase them until they gave me another application form. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    im stayin in oxford court too.. but i havent received anything like a map or letter telling me where to go.. has everyone had that? hmm should i be worried?! how are we supposed to register for our halls??

ReputationRep:
    all seems like a bit of a cockup to me :/ I was busy today but i'll phone tomorrow and see whats going on, with 2 weeks to go its slightly worrying that I couldn't tell you if i have somewhere to live!

ReputationRep:
    well my letter came int he post this morning, so I guess everybodies will soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_Yeti)
    I got a letter through post this mornin askin kindly if i would move in on the sunday even tho i'd planned to go on saturday!!
    Told me where to park and what to do upon arrival.
    I'm in cambridge halls btw
    But then i've already had a load of crap because i applied through my college rather than UCAS, an application which they then lost but no-one knew so i had to chase them until they gave me another application form. :mad:
    I was asked that 2, but i was like erm i dont think so, so im still going on the sat! It did say if uv alredy made plans 2 move on sat then that would b ok. so thats what im doing! hehe

ReputationRep:
    There is the whole 3 years to party, one day wont make a difference. I'm in briarfields and going down on the 18th... Mainly to avoid the mad rush. Also will be bit like when a late arrival arrives in big brother...you get loads of attention and question all at once (except you dont get voted out)! Well thats my view anyway and also the flat mates can tell you what they already now and bout drink prices in union and fit (or not) blokes around!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.