Turn on thread page Beta

free sim card offer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    this may appear like spam from the title, but it isn't.

i've basically got a handful of pay as you go sim cards, and i don't need them so thought i'd offer them to anybody that wants one.

i'd have thoguht that they might be useful for international students especially, coming here to start uni in the next few weeks, whether it's a permenant solution or a temporary one until they get a contract up and running or something. they're brand new, in their packs with stickers on etc and i'll send them out to anyone who wants one for free as a gesture of good will. they tend to cost between £5 and £10 in the shops, so it could save you enough to buy a few pints.

i'm not entirely sure if they come with any credit when you register them, but they've got some good deals; the o2 ones will provide you each month with either 300 free texts or 100 free minutes if you top up £10 per month. the virgin ones i have entitle you to cheap texts, a bundle of 400 for £10.

i've got around 10 in total so it's first come first served i guess.

ReputationRep:
    im interested how wld u deliver them?

ReputationRep:
    put them in an addressed envelope, affix a first class stamp or stamps of a greater value if needed, then post them.

ReputationRep:
    O2 ones come without credit.
    Virgin ones come with a fiver.
    And I got shedloads of O2 ones when this lad runs out ^^

Paul
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    how does this work?

when you buy a new phone, does it come with a sim card - or do you have to pay extra for it?

i might be interested...

ReputationRep:
    I have loads of o2 sims too.

ReputationRep:
    you can buy phones in 3 ways; on their own as a single piece of electronics without a sim card; with a pay as you go sim card meaning that you can top it up with vouchers and spend as much as you want on calls; or with a conract sim card which usually means that you have to pay a certain amount per month for a year at least.

ReputationRep:
    i have one of those 02 genie cards. i didnt know you could get free 100 minutes. on mine i only get 300 txts..

ReputationRep:
    I got tonnes of O2 ones, I plan to give them to my new found friends at uni so I can contact them for cheap . O2 is great, the 300 free text a month almost seems like it never runs out! I've had 10p for like 3 weeks now and I'm still sending texts like no ones business

ReputationRep:
    whats the difference between Pay As You Go (PAYG) and Pay As you Talk ???

i was thinking of buying a gold or platinum number from e bay but im not sure of how to register it etc. does any one here know anything about this osrt of stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    this may appear like spam from the title, but it isn't.

i've basically got a handful of pay as you go sim cards, and i don't need them so thought i'd offer them to anybody that wants one.

i'd have thoguht that they might be useful for international students especially, coming here to start uni in the next few weeks, whether it's a permenant solution or a temporary one until they get a contract up and running or something. they're brand new, in their packs with stickers on etc and i'll send them out to anyone who wants one for free as a gesture of good will. they tend to cost between £5 and £10 in the shops, so it could save you enough to buy a few pints.

i'm not entirely sure if they come with any credit when you register them, but they've got some good deals; the o2 ones will provide you each month with either 300 free texts or 100 free minutes if you top up £10 per month. the virgin ones i have entitle you to cheap texts, a bundle of 400 for £10.

i've got around 10 in total so it's first come first served i guess.
    I'd be interested to get a sim card if you're still giving them away?

ReputationRep:
    You'll need an unbranded, unlocked phone unless you purchased your mobile SIM-free.

SIM-free mobiles cost up to twice the price of a PAYG mobile seeing as with PAYG you're tied down to the mobile operator - e.g. Orange.

Sticking an O2 SIM into an Orange mobile phone will not work.

You'll have to unlock it (which will invalidate your warranty) or have a compatible mobile.

ReputationRep:
    I need a new sim card, I was gonna buy one but I am too poor

ReputationRep:
    id be interested in an o2 onee with the 300 free txts- if there is any avaliable- tho i am not an international student-so if these none left don't worry...

ReputationRep:
    id certainly be interested with the sim card, any sort of savings are good savings!

ReputationRep:
    Hsy I'd be interested in an O2 sim card if there's any going! Would be great!

ReputationRep:
    I need a SIM card! please

So how does this work?

We pm you our address or something?

The Virgin one would be wonderful

ReputationRep:
    yeh i guess just anyone who's interested should pm me their address and the network they want and i'll send it out.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.