Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    pint glass over the top, card under the glass, trapping the spider. and throw it out the window.

make sure you dont crap yourself and drop the glass though, if it jumps at the glass .

but i doubt it would go on you if you slept.

ReputationRep:
    I set my kitten on the last spider to appear. She hit it off the wall and onto my dressing gown, then chased it around the bottom of my chair while I cowered in mortal fear.

Moral of this story: Never trust a kitten to do anything useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parallelduck)
    I set my kitten on the last spider to appear. She hit it off the wall and onto my dressing gown, then chased it around the bottom of my chair while I cowered in mortal fear.

Moral of this story: Never trust a kitten to do anything useful.
    *giggles*

I'm currently on the hunt for a spider-catcher to come live in my room whilst I'm at Uni. The big spider I encountered last night was enough encouragement for me to begin considering paying said spider-catcher. The bloody thing was hanging from the ceiling, twisting around on it's thread, surveying it's kingdom-to-be. I managed to yell for my Mum and she caught it in a jar Me Dad headed into the kitchen but wouldn't come any further once he saw me stood in the corner, quivering & laughing hysterically at the size of the beast.

ReputationRep:
    silence,

i had a similar experience just the other night, which kept me up well into the day! also had a "house spider" (i hear they're called) in my small studio .... huge n pacing around. scared the **** outta me!
    posted the story in another thread; long story short, here's what it looked like after i sprayed it with a load of cillit bang (the only thing i could grab in time).
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mumphalee/38500538/

it was probably twice as big as urs. *shudder*

ReputationRep:
    that's just what mine looked like! ah that's inspiring. i've got this stupid spider "deterrent", but that just prevents them rather than kills.

i'm going to buy some cillit bang now. they are so fast though; i'm scared that if i spray it, it will bugger off and i won't be able to find it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    that's just what mine looked like! ah that's inspiring. i've got this stupid spider "deterrent", but that just prevents them rather than kills.

i'm going to buy some cillit bang now. they are so fast though; i'm scared that if i spray it, it will bugger off and i won't be able to find it again.
    i'm actually looking for some sort of deterrent. what kind did u get?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.