Turn on thread page Beta

what do i write in a abstract for psychology A2 LEVEL watch

Announcements

HELP! IM TRYING TO WRITE AN ABSTRACT FOR PSYCHOLOGY COURSEWORK, AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO WRITE FOR MY ABSTRACT, MY EXPERIMENT WAS ABOUT 2 GROUPS WHO HAD TO RECALL AS MANY WORDS AS THEY CAN REMEMBER, FOR ONE GROUP, THE WORDS WERE WRITTEN IN AN ORGANISED WAY, AND FOR THE OTHER THE WORDS WERE RANDOMLY ASSIGNED.

HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The abstract shouldn't be very long anyway (10% of total word count). It is a kind of overview of your experiment so it needs things like what the experiment was about, your hypothesis, participants, a basic procedure and your results. Remember to keep it simple and shprt. You dont need to go into a grear deal of detail.

Here are some ideas from a sheet I used to write up my abstract:
    Abstract

This is a brief summary of the whole report - 100 to 150 words max.

It should touch on:
    - the problem being investigated
    - type of experimental method/deisgn (e.g. repeated measures design)
    - subjects - who?
    - how many?
    - how were they selected (e.g opportunity sample)
    - Independent Variable and Dependant Variable
    - Experimental hypothesis (not word for word, but summarised)
    - Main results - literally in a sentence
    - statistical test used, if any
    - significant or not?

I hope that helps.

Helen Brownsell

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.