HELP! IM TRYING TO WRITE AN ABSTRACT FOR PSYCHOLOGY COURSEWORK, AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO WRITE FOR MY ABSTRACT, MY EXPERIMENT WAS ABOUT 2 GROUPS WHO HAD TO RECALL AS MANY WORDS AS THEY CAN REMEMBER, FOR ONE GROUP, THE WORDS WERE WRITTEN IN AN ORGANISED WAY, AND FOR THE OTHER THE WORDS WERE RANDOMLY ASSIGNED.
Turn on thread page Beta
what do i write in a abstract for psychology A2 LEVEL watch
- 24-02-2003 16:19
- 01-03-2003 19:39
The abstract shouldn't be very long anyway (10% of total word count). It is a kind of overview of your experiment so it needs things like what the experiment was about, your hypothesis, participants, a basic procedure and your results. Remember to keep it simple and shprt. You dont need to go into a grear deal of detail.
Here are some ideas from a sheet I used to write up my abstract:
This is a brief summary of the whole report - 100 to 150 words max.
It should touch on:
- the problem being investigated
- type of experimental method/deisgn (e.g. repeated measures design)
- subjects - who?
- how many?
- how were they selected (e.g opportunity sample)
- Independent Variable and Dependant Variable
- Experimental hypothesis (not word for word, but summarised)
- Main results - literally in a sentence
- statistical test used, if any
- significant or not?
I hope that helps.