How is the alternative rock scene at Brunel university? Watch

This discussion is closed.
freeradicals
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I've heard in some places, its non existant, however Im heard from a friend that live bands play nearby where students flock to.
Do you guys no anything about the scene down at the university?
cleas001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by freeradicals)
I've heard in some places, its non existant, however Im heard from a friend that live bands play nearby where students flock to.

i'll be going to brunel and im interested in this too. Although i live in the local (5 miles) i have not really heard of anything much happening in brunel along these lines... i tend to track into london alot- and will probably continue to do so once im at brunel- tho it would be interesting to find out more about this...
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
London.
~*Sweetness*~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know quite a few people who are at Brunel (and who are going there) and according to them the alternative rock scene is pretty non-existent I'm afraid. Apparently the majority of students are into d n b, rap, hip-hop etc. However, I don't know how true this really is. You're not going to be that far from that sort of scene though, you'll just have to travel into London.
jOnNy BoRrEll
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Slightly off-topic.........
Brunel students sign your name in this thread >>> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t148266.html
freeradicals
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I know quite a few people who are at Brunel (and who are going there) and according to them the alternative rock scene is pretty non-existent I'm afraid. Apparently the majority of students are into d n b, rap, hip-hop etc. However, I don't know how true this really is. You're not going to be that far from that sort of scene though, you'll just have to travel into London.
That sucks big time!
However its interesting to note that there are people on the internet who are going to brunel and are into alternative music (not just this forum), maybe we can all meet up and flock to central London.
I've heard that uxbridge is 30 mins away from central london, is this true?
cleas001
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That sucks big time!
However its interesting to note that there are people on the internet who are going to brunel and are into alternative music (not just this forum), maybe we can all meet up and flock to central London.
I've heard that uxbridge is 30 mins away from central london, is this true?

it depends when you go- im from ruislip- 2 stops from uxbridge- it generally takes 30-45 mins to get to decent places like camden, kings cross etc. tho theres loads there... its dissapointing that theres not much at brunel- i hate rnb dnb n all that general ****!- oh well i guess i'll have to just put up with it
jOnNy BoRrEll
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cleas001)
it depends when you go- im from ruislip- 2 stops from uxbridge- it generally takes 30-45 mins to get to decent places like camden, kings cross etc. tho theres loads there... its dissapointing that theres not much at brunel- i hate rnb dnb n all that general ****!- oh well i guess i'll have to just put up with it

:dito:
BeckyK
Report 13 years ago
The alternative scene is okay, they have a big annual battle of the bands competition each year, i went and watched my friends band (who has just finished her first year at Brunel) play, and they eventually won. But it had a really good turnout etc.
legbreakgoogly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Brilliant.
jbcubed3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good to know some of the alt.rock exists for it's my favourite music type. My g/f (also going brunel) read that it is very much a hip/hop, r&b or dance based Uni, like quite a lot of places these days - but hopefully there'll be something interesting to listen to!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.6%
No (440)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.8%

Watched Threads