Advice Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mirageperhaps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm about to start year 12, but I have an inch of doubt in my mind about one subject: Politics. I'm taking English French Art and Politics. And basically, I'm not too keen on Politics. Infact, I hate it, and I know how important it is to love your A level subjects. GCSE results: English literature: A*, English Language: A, Maths: A, Sociology: A*, Art: A*, French: A, ICT: A, Double Science: BB. Does anyone know if Sociology is anything like Politics? Any connection with that subject?

Because basically, Maths is way too difficult, Sciences wouldn't compliment my combination (and I only got BB) and Sociology, Psychology, ICT and Media Studies my school don't do anyway. There really is nothing left. I mean this wouldn't be so bad if I were dropping Politics after a year, but I really don't like the fact that I would have English French and Art left, so I definately need four full A-levels to seem like a strong candidate. I don't know what to do. I don't want to mess up my life from now either! Any thoughts?

I'd greatly appreciate advice!!
sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well maybe you could try sticking with Politics for a few weeks to get used to the course and then decided if its definitely not for you or not. My school allowed us to change out options if we wanted once we had started lessons and realised we didn't like it etc. Does your school do that?
Melana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sociology is political, but obviously not as much so as politics itself. It looks good on the old UCAS form, and if you got an A* at gcse for sociology you should be fine.

I agree that you have to love your subjects, but if you've got 3 that you love already, it should make it easier to take one you don't love so much.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.61%
Leave (374)
20.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed