Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im at a college not a sixth form so no there isnt a uniform - though there is for certain courses like hair and beauty, ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    me too- it's a pain though isn't it!
    it is a pain isnt it? its annoying have to choose a different outfit everyday.

ReputationRep:
    we have to wear suits,yes suits ...oh the torture ...

ReputationRep:
    We don't have a uniform. Our old head tried to introduce one but It never happened because 3 schools and a college would all have to agree.

ReputationRep:
    No uniform in sixth form, though they're seriously cracking down on it in the rest of the school and there are rumours about them bringing in a dress code for sixth form. Not too worried about that- I'll be long gone before they do anything :P (Besides most teachers seem to prefer us out of uniform so I don't know how far they'll get with that plan).

Suit-wise; Magdalen Boys has a really nice uniform; chinos, shirts and blazers. So it's smart, but not quite a suit, which looks fairly good on some of them

ReputationRep:
    We have to wear suits in 6th form, girls have to have skirts below the knee, they have to be tailored, have to be certain colours, not allowed to have colourful things in your hair blah de blah. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo maaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnny rulllllllllllessssssssssssss!

I loved our school uniform and I would still wear it now. I really miss it! We too had an array of things; colours blazers, prefect ties, rugby ties, debating soc. Ties, county sport ties, house ties,the 'normal' house tie, I loved our kilts, I've kept my whole uniform!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    yeh we've got to wear a uniform and it's not a bad one.white top black jumper and a greenish kilt looking skirt.and it can be as long or short (well not really.a nice considerable length) as you like.it's better coz it's creates uniformity and equality.no one's richer or poorer than another person, you don't have to feel bad if you can't wear gucci stuff everyday like other people that sorta thing.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has to wear uniform in sixth form in Northern Ireland, we don't really have sixth form colleges - just school sixth form, or you can do your A-Levels at a tech (obviously no uniform). Mine is a very racy bottle green with attractive cream socks

ReputationRep:
    yea... every school in 6th form in my area needs to wear uniform.
    onli collages dont wear them

ReputationRep:
    i go to a Sixth Form and we dont wear uniforms

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I suppose we do.

ReputationRep:
    Well the girls school dont have to wear uniform and we have to wear suits, which is wicked coz you go into town afta skool and your like a proper businessman, treated so differently by shop people who dont see you as school kids (and u get served in the bar no hassle)

ReputationRep:
    Although the rest of the school has to wear it, sixth form doesn't have to wear a uniform as long as were decently dressed

ReputationRep:
    no uniform

ReputationRep:
    There's no uniform in our school, people can wear absolutely anything they want, and they do! Its quite cool though, we could come in a bikini if we wanted =p. It can be slightly annoying though because as a poor student i dont have many clothes and sometimes my outfits get a bit repetitive.

ReputationRep:
    we have to wear a school uniform but it's quite smart - black trousers, white blouse and a black tank top or jumper. and in 6th form you're allowed to accessorise! so pretty shoes, bags and jewellery all the way!

ReputationRep:
    All things considered I'm quite lucky. My school doesn't make us wear a uniform but we are not allowed to wear jeans (this makes getting dressed a leetle more tricky as jeans go with everything!) or trainers/ really casual stuff, spaghetti strap tops/bare stomachs/ any thing remotely revealing at all. But there is no uniform, for which I am thankful...or annoyed at depending which way you look at it when you get up in the morning and have to decide what the hell you are going to wear!

ReputationRep:
    Sixth form and we ..still have to wear uniforms

ReputationRep:
    Nope, i don't have to wear a uniform

ReputationRep:
    We dont have to wear a uniform, but we do have to wear suits. I like it that way though as I prefer to look smart.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.