This discussion is closed.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Toffee)
Hows Sidney going?
Rubbish, exam in less than a week and I know nothing But I want to get back there anyway! The place is cool
Toffee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
then why didnt you put a multiplication symbol?
Well that is whats used on PCs to indicate multiplication, otherwise it would be 'x' as in the letter.
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Rubbish, exam in less than a week and I know nothing But I want to get back there anyway! The place is cool
So do first year exams actually matter?
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well that is whats used on PCs to indicate multiplication, otherwise it would be 'x' as in the letter.
ahhh i thought the only other symbol was a dot!
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
ahhh i thought the only other symbol was a dot!
Oh well....i dunno.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So do first year exams actually matter?

Not really.. this matters even less because it's a college exam, ie a mock. But I'd rather not be interrogated by my DoS as to why I did so badly! And you do need to pass your first year exams. And I want to do well...! Ah well!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh well....i dunno.
niether do i......anyway!
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Good news: As of Jan this year, candidates are allowed unlimited resits.
Does it mean that they take the highest grade from all the exams (say you retake it twice, but in the end your original attempt was best- is that the final grade)? Cos when i did my exams there were 2 AS modules in particular that i wanted to resit, and i did them in january and did worse, so ended up doing them again in june, and not improving either. Because i'd taken the exams three times, it was the best result out of the last 2 attempts that was taken, so i ended up with lower marks (my chemistry one was only a metter of a few marks, but my mechanics one was a disater and went down 2 grades). Does this still apply?
mrmarsupial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
yea chicken thats why I dont wanna resit em now cause I will do worse than the first try and only the latest 2 marks carry forward so even though from my point of view this isnt a problem cause I plan on doing better hence the point of a resit but tutors probably wouldnt let me risk it.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mrmarsupial)
Do you think I would be able to cancel my resits 1 day before the exam? I cant do it and I dont wanna use up my resit chance, I wanna do it in june I am just pathetic when it comes to exams at this time of year.
you can't withdraw that late- they will just mark you as absent. i have been withdrawn from my exams for medical reasons (so complete with doctors letter) and they said it was too late to get me taken off the one on friday so i just don't turn up although officially i am entered.

i think the resit rule has now changed to the best attempt (not the best of the last 2) but you should check with the examining officer at your college/school.

lou xxx
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
phew he let me

5 less exams to worry about
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads