Who's the fittest person you know that's got in to Oxbridge? Watch

This discussion is closed.
fit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just wondering who you all know that has got in that's dead FIT? My particular favourite would have to be my matey that's got in to Robinson, she's an uber fit.
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fit)
Just wondering who you all know that has got in that's dead FIT? My particular favourite would have to be my matey that's got in to Robinson, she's an uber fit.
Can you reveal her name?

What subject?
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
please say compsci hehe :rolleyes:
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
HA!
I was at the Cambridge model shoot last year, quite alot of fitties there. I pulled off this great move, i was chatting upstairs in river bar like a trendy, rich boy, when i went down the stairs, suavely tripped over my own foot, and landed on my face at the feet of 3 of the models.
nasty, and quite unrecoverable
J
Goat
Report 16 years ago
I know someone who is fit and got an offer for Computer Science at Jesus but I dont know if shes gonna take it or not. She wanted to go to Bristol.

How many girls do CS at Cambridge?
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
I know someone who is fit and got an offer for Computer Science at Jesus but I dont know if shes gonna take it or not. She wanted to go to Bristol.

How many girls do CS at Cambridge?
I think there are now 7 in my year after a couple left at the end of last year (one of whom was regarded as very fit). So they make up a little under 10%, sadly, because I'm sure more girls are capable enough just wouldn't think about compsci because of the stigma involved.
Because of the collegiate system the absence of females in compsci shouldn't really make any difference, in fact in practicals etc they seem to get more help from the demonstrators (hmmm...).

If she's serious about compsci, she doesn't want to go to bristol. Jesus seems to produce fairly good compscis, and they seem to get on well in our year, toby is legendary!

Besides, compsci needs more fit girls, especially in cambridge! (Do I sould a little biased here )

Alaric.
Goat
Report 16 years ago
I think there are now 7 in my year after a couple left at the end of last year (one of whom was regarded as very fit). So they make up a little under 10%, sadly, because I'm sure more girls are capable enough just wouldn't think about compsci because of the stigma involved.
Because of the collegiate system the absence of females in compsci shouldn't really make any difference, in fact in practicals etc they seem to get more help from the demonstrators (hmmm...).

If she's serious about compsci, she doesn't want to go to bristol. Jesus seems to produce fairly good compscis, and they seem to get on well in our year, toby is legendary!

Besides, compsci needs more fit girls, especially in cambridge! (Do I sould a little biased here )

Alaric.
What uni did you chose for your insurance?
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
HA!
I was at the Cambridge model shoot last year, quite alot of fitties there. I pulled off this great move, i was chatting upstairs in river bar like a trendy, rich boy, when i went down the stairs, suavely tripped over my own foot, and landed on my face at the feet of 3 of the models.
nasty, and quite unrecoverable
J
Hehe, the only time I've been to the River Bar I almost did the same thing, upon exiting the door I failed to notice the nasty lip along the bottom of the door and it was only by the fact I hadn't drunk anything I managed to not go face first into the pavement, I just looked like a muppet... I'm intrigued though - why did you not go for the sympathy vote

Alaric.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
What uni did you chose for your insurance?
Errr Exeter at 280 points, but it was going to be Warwick until Cambridge gave me an offer lower than Warwick's (I also held offers from sussex, southampton and edinburgh).

If she's applied there Warwick or York are well respected for compsci.

Alaric.
Schmelen
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fit)
hehe... i have a couple of fit mates going, one in robinson also (wow, coincidence!), one to st. annes, and the most fittest one (hyper-uber fit) got into Balliol - fitness because we are going to found loads of fit societies when we go. i also have a fit mate pooled, i guess we'll have to see... er, by the way, fit, do you not have any other fit mates who are going? what about any who got into oxfit, eh ?!?!?
Philo
Report 16 years ago
Well, Fit, I got into Robinson this year, it's a pity you don't know me - I quite like the sound of being an uber fit!!!

Schmelen, you do seem to know an awful lot of clever fit people! The fittest person I know is I guy who's got into Oxfit to read Chemistry at Wadham. Unfortunately, he's not into people like myslef, if you know what I mean, which is a shame!
mouse
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Schmelen)
hehe... i have a couple of fit mates going, one in robinson also (wow, coincidence!), one to st. annes, and the most fittest one (hyper-uber fit) got into Balliol - fitness because we are going to found loads of fit societies when we go. i also have a fit mate pooled, i guess we'll have to see... er, by the way, fit, do you not have any other fit mates who are going? what about any who got into oxfit, eh ?!?!?
Wow, i have some really fit friends going too - at "oxfit": one following in the steps of sebastian (&aloysius the bear) and going to christ church (how good is that?!!), and a couple at camfit: one at robinson too!! and one that i really fancy who'll be at i'm not sure what college yet (is pooled but will be getting in as is too fit to be rejected!). sounds like one big fitness to me
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmmm, am noticing definite overusage of a certain word here. And trust me, not everyone here falls into that specific category (I don't, for starters)
Schmelen
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mouse)
Wow, i have some really fit friends going too - at "oxfit": one following in the steps of sebastian (&aloysius the bear) and going to christ church (how good is that?!!), and a couple at camfit: one at robinson too!! and one that i really fancy who'll be at i'm not sure what college yet (is pooled but will be getting in as is too fit to be rejected!). sounds like one big fitness to me
wow! another christ church fitty!! i will have to meet them... hehe, love the briders reference, clearly an utterly fit book, not least because it is set (the first bit anyway) in Oxfit. Oh, and of course, aloysius being a fabulous character in every perfect way- "and what did you think lord sebastian wanted? A hairbrush for his teddy bear, not to brush him with, but to threaten him with a spanking when he was sulky" - or words to that effect, have lent my copy to someone so i cant look it up! Did you get an offer from oxfit/camfit mouse? also, wow, how much fun is it that there are so many folks who know a robinson fit, something tells me the folks at robinson are in for a huge influx of fit next year (or the year after...)
Philo
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Schmelen)
wow! another christ church fitty!! i will have to meet them... hehe, love the briders reference, clearly an utterly fit book, not least because it is set (the first bit anyway) in Oxfit. Oh, and of course, aloysius being a fabulous character in every perfect way- "and what did you think lord sebastian wanted? A hairbrush for his teddy bear, not to brush him with, but to threaten him with a spanking when he was sulky" - or words to that effect, have lent my copy to someone so i cant look it up! Did you get an offer from oxfit/camfit mouse? also, wow, how much fun is it that there are so many folks who know a robinson fit, something tells me the folks at robinson are in for a huge influx of fit next year (or the year after...)
No wonder you like Briders so much Schmelen - you've got into the same college of Anthony Blanche of all people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I bring you here, at very considerable expense, my dear, simply to talk about myself, and I find I talk of no one except Sebastian"! Fab, fab, fab!
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The fittest person I know is this guy I... ummm.... "met" on my last night :rolleyes:
fit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Philo)
Well, Fit, I got into Robinson this year, it's a pity you don't know me - I quite like the sound of being an uber fit!!!

Schmelen, you do seem to know an awful lot of clever fit people! The fittest person I know is I guy who's got into Oxfit to read Chemistry at Wadham. Unfortunately, he's not into people like myslef, if you know what I mean, which is a shame!
Wow it sounds like you'll have a great time at Robinson with all these fits!! Though who knows, perhaps you'll beat them all in the poll of fitness? Maybe you could be the first famous Robinson alumni.... for being an uber fit?!
Philo
Report 16 years ago
I'll have to make a calendar.... "Miss Uber Fit December" etc
Atli
Report 16 years ago
Well, a Fit calender might be fun. If I'm not mistaken, good old Christ Church (Hooray!) got voted 'Fittest College' in the Cherwell last term — good old Gemma and Nick...
I'm told the LMH (was it?) 'Ladies'' football team made a calendar — for charity, of course — last term... Any idea how to get hold of one? ;-)

A.
Schmelen
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Atli)
Well, a Fit calender might be fun. If I'm not mistaken, good old Christ Church (Hooray!) got voted 'Fittest College' in the OxStu last term — good old Gemma and Nick...
I'm told the LMH (was it?) 'Ladies'' football team made a calendar — for charity, of course — last term... Any idea how to get hold of one? ;-)

A.
YES!!!! christ church fitness!!!! fit! how much am i loving that i have got into the fittest college?!? robinson may be uber-fit in terms of people, but old christers is in itself thoroughly fit. Great for someone like me who will be entirely insociable with folks at my own college, but love the idea of it all, in my own crazy fit way. Also, calender - fit idea... 'uber-fit camford fitties 2004' or some such other fitness would i'm sure be snapped up, people queuing round block to get a copy etc. Not that i would feature, obviously, i am not a fit, but a schmelen. and maybe there aren't enough schmelens to fill a calender. i wouldn't know.

anyway. i'm off now, have to revise for fit general studies fitness.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads