Who's the fittest person you know that's got in to Oxbridge? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Yes, there were only 11 months, and the whole thing was rather disturbing (not many 1st years though, so not so many people I knew). They've started the pulling league again now; not entirely sure how that works, but fortunately I don't have to know.
I'll give you a tip, whatever you do, don't put the cheapest goalie in goal... you'll never win
It works on a points system for appearing in Clareifornicaiton dependent on which position the person is they either add points or take away points. I didn't see the calendar so I'm not in a position to comment, but last years was funny and they're not normally actually nude... just appear to be.

I did get in Clareifornication this week though - what an achievement :rolleyes:
Hehe, a dubious distinction.

Alaric.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
I'll give you a tip, whatever you do, don't put the cheapest goalie in goal... you'll never win
It works on a points system for appearing in Clareifornicaiton dependent on which position the person is they either add points or take away points.
Well, considering Antonia C-B is a goalie, I don't think anyone in their right minds would be going for her!

I know Clareifornication is not a particularly great distinction, but tis better than being known for hiding in my room all day!
Tifa
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I don't think I've been keeping up with reading posts... I am so very confused by this Pulling Leauge... wtf? And there are actually positions of play... ??? Only in Cambridge lol.

Could someone please xplain what this is all about, is it an exclusively Clarite fad?
james_k
Report 16 years ago
Theres a girl i know called stephanie mcd that just got a place at oxford - st peters and shes is f*cking sexy.

Dont know if she'll make it as she got 3A offer but she certainly is bloody gorgeous...
james_k
Report 16 years ago
i definitely join a pulling league if it meant getting off with her... actually id probably join one anyway.

reminds me of the days when we were 13, going to capital VIP parties and had pulling competitions everytime... good times...!
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tifa)
I don't think I've been keeping up with reading posts... I am so very confused by this Pulling Leauge... wtf? And there are actually positions of play... ??? Only in Cambridge lol.

Could someone please xplain what this is all about, is it an exclusively Clarite fad?
It's a Clare thing - it's for RAG, and it appears each week in Clareification (the newsletter of highly dubious quality). It runs this term, not 100% sure how long for. Basically it's like a fantasy football league in that you put together a team from a list of players of various prices. There are strikers, who score 5 pts per pull, midfielders, who score 2, defenders, who lose 2 points and goalies who lose 5 points. People select their teams, pay a couple of quid and then the action gets underway - all reported in the delightful gossip column that is Clareifornication (hohoho, another fab pun :rolleyes: ). Dunno what the prize is, but it's an excuse for the people in the league to pull an awful lot. I'm not on the lists (we're not entirely sure how they're compiled, but you don't appear to volunteer for them) so everyone is safe for now
onlywee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yo philo!!

you know that chemist from wadham you were talking about... would that be a certain james by any chance?
ladyvice
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fit)
Just wondering who you all know that has got in that's dead FIT? My particular favourite would have to be my matey that's got in to Robinson, she's an uber fit.
I will still be at robinson next year, so will be sure to warn all of my male friends to guard their hearts
ladyvice
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fit)
Wow it sounds like you'll have a great time at Robinson with all these fits!! Though who knows, perhaps you'll beat them all in the poll of fitness? Maybe you could be the first famous Robinson alumni.... for being an uber fit?!
FIRST FAMOUS!!!?? Come come, we all know about Konniw Huq and erm, Neil Mallarky, and erm...ok, that's me spent. but god i love my college
michaelberliner
Report 16 years ago
Hey guys and gals,

When I was at my interviews at Pembroke College Oxford in December, there was one reeeaally fit girl applying, so a couple of undergrads asked one of the professors to make sure she got in. He said, "I'll see what I can do..."

Alas, she didn't get in! *sniff* Obviously, looks isn't on the marking sheet at interview.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
It's a Clare thing - it's for RAG, and it appears each week in Clareification (the newsletter of highly dubious quality). It runs this term, not 100% sure how long for. Basically it's like a fantasy football league in that you put together a team from a list of players of various prices. There are strikers, who score 5 pts per pull, midfielders, who score 2, defenders, who lose 2 points and goalies who lose 5 points. People select their teams, pay a couple of quid and then the action gets underway - all reported in the delightful gossip column that is Clareifornication (hohoho, another fab pun :rolleyes: ). Dunno what the prize is, but it's an excuse for the people in the league to pull an awful lot. I'm not on the lists (we're not entirely sure how they're compiled, but you don't appear to volunteer for them) so everyone is safe for now
What's the betting Alan is a striker...
J
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
What's the betting Alan is a striker...
J
*checks list* He's not on there at all actually, for some reason. Couple of medics, but none from my year. Probably cos half of them have boyfriends, one is me, and the rest keep whatever they do away from Clareifornication!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (217)
68.03%
No (102)
31.97%

Watched Threads