Turn on thread page Beta

French.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    i have a french coursework on my favourtie leisure activity. Im trying to say 'my favourite leisure activity is playing tennis because it keeps you fit and healthy' (was going to do swimming before but changed my mind)
    How am i supposed to say that in french? any help would be highly appreciated.Thanks.

Anne-Marie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Hi Guys,
    i have a french coursework on my favourtie leisure activity. Im trying to say 'my favourite leisure activity is playing tennis because it keeps you fit and healthy' (was going to do swimming before but changed my mind)
    How am i supposed to say that in french? any help would be highly appreciated.Thanks.

Anne-Marie
    'my favourite leisure activity is playing tennis because it keeps you fit and healthy'

Mon loisir préféré est le tennis, car il me tient en forme et en bonne santé.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Hi Guys,

Anne-Marie
    "J'adore joue le tennis parce que" doh! It's been a while since my A in GCSE French...

ReputationRep:
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Very useful website. I use it all the time for my Italian homework since I can't be bothered to buy a dictionary (which aren't allowed in the exams anyways!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    'my favourite leisure activity is playing tennis because it keeps you fit and healthy'

Mon loisir préféré est le tennis, car il me tient en forme et en bonne santé.
    oooo thankyou so much! your a star..im useless at french! Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)

Very useful website. I use it all the time for my Italian homework since I can't be bothered to buy a dictionary (which aren't allowed in the exams anyways!).
    thanks lol! my french is so bad...so so so bad..god only knows how im in set 1.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    oooo thankyou so much! your a star..im useless at french! Thanks a lot.
    really? i was born in new orleans, as a result, i can read french (it was the first lango i could read) but cant speak it so now im taking french in high school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    "J'adore joue le tennis parce que" doh! It's been a while since my A in GCSE French...
    J'adore jouer au tennis..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Hi Guys,

Anne-Marie
    Why try to say something you cannot? You probally would not be able to explain the use of grammar in it, or even bother to attempt to for future reference. A further mockery of an already poor exam system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Why try to say something you cannot? You probally would not be able to explain the use of grammar in it, or even bother to attempt to for future reference. A further mockery of an already poor exam system.
    yeh well i cant say anything in french. I need to pass and thats the reason i asked for help...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    yeh well i cant say anything in french. I need to pass and thats the reason i asked for help...
    i hear ya anna....i hear ya!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)

Hey u can italien?? Did u do it at school?? Im half italien thats y i asked.. how did u do in ur exam? was it hard??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    freetranslaiton.com is brilliant!! I always go on that. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    freetranslaiton.com is brilliant!! I always go on that. xx
    sorry i put it wrong its:

freetranslation.com

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.