?
Report 16 years ago
one of my friends has an offer for arabic and politics
Hades
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
one of my friends has an offer for arabic and politics
That's weird, because I'm doing Politics and I really want to use my floater options to do Arabic! I can basically read and write, as I know the script, but I can't speak or understand it. I wonder if there is some kind of qualification you can get, like a certificate or something if you use enough modules on it?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hades)
That's weird, because I'm doing Politics and I really want to use my floater options to do Arabic! I can basically read and write, as I know the script, but I can't speak or understand it. I wonder if there is some kind of qualification you can get, like a certificate or something if you use enough modules on it?
im not sure but my friend is doing it as a joint degree type thing. im sure they must have language diploma things available as wel? check the prospectus
Hades
(Original post by Tina)
im not sure but my friend is doing it as a joint degree type thing. im sure they must have language diploma things available as wel? check the prospectus
They do, but you got to pay a fat amount of money for them!
I was thinking that if you are a student of the school, you might get them free? That would be so ideal!
And btw, did you apply to LSE? I'm sure you did
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hades)
They do, but you got to pay a fat amount of money for them!
I was thinking that if you are a student of the school, you might get them free? That would be so ideal!
And btw, did you apply to LSE? I'm sure you did
yes i did for government....havent heard nething yet :confused:
Hades
(Original post by Tina)
yes i did for government....havent heard nething yet :confused:
Same! I remember we were whinging about it! Why are they so damn slow? To be honest I'm not really bothered about whether or not I get into LSE now as I'm getting quite obsessed with SOAS now I've got the offer! - I just hope I like it on the open day. I really don't want to get there and realise I hate it, especially now I'm so into it. That would be vile! Has your friend visited yet?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hades)
Same! I remember we were whinging about it! Why are they so damn slow? To be honest I'm not really bothered about whether or not I get into LSE now as I'm getting quite obsessed with SOAS now I've got the offer! - I just hope I like it on the open day. I really don't want to get there and realise I hate it, especially now I'm so into it. That would be vile! Has your friend visited yet?
ye i tend to moan....and usually with some partners in crime!!! lolz

my friend went to the open day and its her top choice....its the one course/place she really liked, so im really pleased for her!

im sure ull love SOAS!

LSE is really bugging me but not as muich as Cambridge! lolz
Hades
(Original post by Tina)
ye i tend to moan....and usually with some partners in crime!!! lolz

my friend went to the open day and its her top choice....its the one course/place she really liked, so im really pleased for her!

im sure ull love SOAS!

LSE is really bugging me but not as muich as Cambridge! lolz
Wow did you get pooled for Cambridge?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hades)
Wow did you get pooled for Cambridge?
yep./.....and im still waiting! its so stressful
Hades
(Original post by Tina)
yep./.....and im still waiting! its so stressful
Don't worry about it- good luck okay?

I'm assuming you applied for SPS! Which college did you go for?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hades)
Don't worry about it- good luck okay?

I'm assuming you applied for SPS! Which college did you go for?
SPS yep...newnham, ive been pooled but apparently they may still accept me. thanx for the luck..i need it!
Hades
(Original post by Tina)
SPS yep...newnham, ive been pooled but apparently they may still accept me. thanx for the luck..i need it!
I'm sure you don't - hope you get in

I'm off now, but thanks for the insight!
Hillela
Report 16 years ago
I've got two offers from SOAS: Law & Law and Arabic. SOAS is where I want to study and I am going to accept either one of the offers. I'm still trying to decide which one, though.
Hades
(Original post by Hillela)
I've got two offers from SOAS: Law & Law and Arabic. SOAS is where I want to study and I am going to accept either one of the offers. I'm still trying to decide which one, though.
Nice one ! You going to the open day?
cherrydrops1985
Report 16 years ago
my cousins doing Law at SOAS
Hillela
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hades)
Nice one ! You going to the open day?
I'm considering going to the February Open Day. I don't know for sure yet. What about you?
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This may sound really stupid, but why is it called SOAS? Do you really study African and Oriental stuff?
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its part of the uni of london i think, havent heard much of it ... is it n e good ?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads