The Student Room Group

retake?

Hi all, i just entered year 11 and have lurked around this site every now and again over a year or so, anyway i just received my statistics result from school ( would of got it earlier but we were only in year 10) anyway i got a B which is ok but well not brilliant for an 'A' pupil i already took another exam early and got an A and was wondering is it really worth resetting a statistics exam, it's just extra and not hugely significant, but then again it is still a GCSE and well kinda ruins my reputation, you'll think i'll be happy with a B, but i'm not *sigh* :frown: .
Reply 1
You could retake in theory, but most Admissions tutors for the purposes of University places and employers only look for the ''C'' in Mathsas very few people actually take statistics at this level,but if you're looking to do a Maths related course at degree level, then itmight be worth resitting, but a B is still a good grade. If you wanted to, then you could redo it along with your other GCSEs in the summer, but I would advise ensuring your other grades do not suffer as a result of this.

No doubt you'll have other replies very soon.

Best of Luck with your decision.
I agree. If you don't think it will be much extra work and it won't affect your other grades, resit it in the summer since you'll be taking the rest of your GCSEs then anyway. A B is still very good though, so well done :smile:
Reply 3
You can't be good in everything you know :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Retake it. You'll do better the next time around unless you think you have put 110% of effort into it and got a B.
Reply 5
well i think i may decide to retake it now i mean it's only 1 more exam @ want2know thanks for the tip didn't realise i can't master perfection.
Reply 6
you could retake in November examinations. i just did my maths and thought i may as well take an extra GCSE which won't take any further work, so i'm doing statistics. i'm already ready to take the exam and didn't want to wait til nxt summer exams so found out they did november ones aswel. it is very likely you'll get a higher grade second time round, and if you take it in november before you start preparing for your other GCSEs it won't stunt your other marks. good luck :p:
Reply 7
want2know
You can't be good in everything you know :rolleyes:

great advice :rolleyes:
Reply 8
You might as well, it's just an exam

Latest