Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi i wonder if anyone could help me with my biology homework i have to find out the size of a skin cell. Tried looking on the interent but im just getting stuff about skin cancer. Any help is much appricated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doormat)
    Hi i wonder if anyone could help me with my biology homework i have to find out the size of a skin cell. Tried looking on the interent but im just getting stuff about skin cancer. Any help is much appricated!
    Um - at a guess, maybe a diameter of 50um (micrometres) many (but not all!) animal cells tend to range from about 10um - 100um in diameter

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any idea what kind of skin cell? Keratinocytes are the cells that make the tough layer that protects your skin and are the predominant cell-type in the epidermis, and they seem to be about 11um to 12um in diameter, so quite small!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2005

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.