The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jacko111
How can killing turkeys be fun???:frown: Not sure they think the same as you.......

This. I don't understand how a vet student studying to save animal's lives could enjoy killing or even plucking dead ones?
Original post by MediterraneanX
This. I don't understand how a vet student studying to save animal's lives could enjoy killing or even plucking dead ones?

Well, they do taste nice... :tongue:
Reply 3982
Original post by gernumblies
Hm? :confused:

EDIT: Ah, I thought your name was familiar! (We?) Rare occasion, is the free food. You wait a year, it'll be your turn soon enough.

Me and the other vet apps in our year that look on here
Work Experience was AMAZING today! We had an ex lap on a dog which unfortunately had a tumour on his liver and the owner decided to euthanise it :frown: (even though the vet thought we could save it)...but...

Something good came out of it! The vet literally just said "So, fancy some stitching?" and I got to stitch the dog up as it had a fairly large incision on it's abdomen. I got to stitch the whole thing, both the muscle layer and skin layer, unsupervised after a quick lesson :biggrin: so fun!
Reply 3984
Hello, I'm a oversea university student, majored in Biology. I received an e-mail from Edinburgh today, it hasn't confirmed my offer but wrote "congratulations" at the end of the letter, does it means that I will receive an offer soon?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3985
Original post by dizzeedollee
soooooo, that's a gap year for me then :/

I'm sure your interview was fine!
Reply 3986
Original post by BlodynTatws
Ahhh mines 2 pm so I probably wont see you then! I'll keep an eye out for a grey suit around Livs though :wink:

mines at 2pm :smile:
Reply 3987
Original post by MediterraneanX

I worked on a small holding this summer and got to watch the pigs being slaughtered and then got to butcher them, I thought it was a fantastic experience. It's never nice seeing an animal killed, whether at an abattoir or by a vet, but that was their intended purpose and they were killed humanely.
Original post by Beccy99
I'm sure your interview was fine!

^
it was the most horrific thing i have ever done. as i expected, i had a major mind blank and spent the whole of the 40 odd minutes of the mmi staring blankly at the interviewers and spouting utter rubbish.

i am so disappointed with myself, i love rvc so much and i spent so much time revising and practising with teachers to build up my confidence and i still managed to mess it up. i think i might just withdraw, i don't think i could bear a rejection :frown:
Reply 3989
^
it was the most horrific thing i have ever done. as i expected, i had a major mind blank and spent the whole of the 40 odd minutes of the mmi staring blankly at the interviewers and spouting utter rubbish.

i am so disappointed with myself, i love rvc so much and i spent so much time revising and practising with teachers to build up my confidence and i still managed to mess it up. i think i might just withdraw, i don't think i could bear a rejection :frown:

Don't worry! My Bristol Interview went horrendously too..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3990
I'm from overseas and don't really know how're the 7 vet schools different from each other, can anyone plz give me some cludes, thx!
And an't Nott a very new vet school? Why would it be so attractive?
Is that such a "ranking" between the schools?

Thanks so much for answering
Reply 3991
Original post by adou
I'm from overseas and don't really know how're the 7 vet schools different from each other, can anyone plz give me some cludes, thx!
And an't Nott a very new vet school? Why would it be so attractive?
Is that such a "ranking" between the schools?

Thanks so much for answering

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-veterinary-science

league table according to the guardian :smile: (Not neccessarily true in everyones eyes though). If you want to find out about the differences in each uni's I would go on their websites to read about the course :smile:

Hope this helps
Reply 3992
^

no you cant withdraw! so long as they are considering you there is still always a chance, and for all you know it went a lot better than you thought! after I did my bmat I thought I had completely failed it, and thought I had no chance of getting into rvc any more, but I ended up doing decently. you can always end up surprising yourself :smile:
Reply 3993
Thx! As they seems pretty much the same to me, and I'm not sure abt nott as it's so new
Reply 3994
^

Aww :frown: I know I would be the same, but it's over now and all you can do is wait. Don't withdraw! You'd really regret that if they were going to give you an offer, and no matter how badly you feel it went you won't know for sure for a while. I'm sorry you feel so rubbish about it though, but you can do it!:smile: You have 3 other chances, and even if you really wanted to go to RVC and reapplied next year if you didn't get an offer, you might feel more comfortable knowing what to expect. As per the advice my mum gives me: it's out of your hands now so there is no point worrying! (Though I'm not so good at this myself :colondollar:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by shmem
Thankyou, RVC Notts and Liverpool

done :smile:
RVC was lovely and i actually quite enjoyed the interview but have picked it over and am pessimistic as usual...
Reply 3997
Original post by Conor.RVC2011
not going to happen with this essay on the go! 1300 more words to go before 11am friday! FML :P

its:smile: only wednesday, loads of time!
Reply 3998
Original post by Marley13
I worked on a small holding this summer and got to watch the pigs being slaughtered and then got to butcher them, I thought it was a fantastic experience. It's never nice seeing an animal killed, whether at an abattoir or by a vet, but that was their intended purpose and they were killed humanely.

Exactly these animals deserve our absolute respect, we are killing them to eat them and it shouldn't be an enjoyable experience for anyone involved with the process! It should be done with dignity :frown:
Reply 3999
emm.. I hv exams next week, and I really want to know does my e-mail received today means a confirmed offer, this whole thing stress me out.. and I cannot study properly aww..

I received a e-mail form Edin and it says " ...hope to get confirmation of your offer .... In the meantime: congratulations ... " I cannot understand wt does it mean, do I hv a offer not?

really thx

Quick Reply

Latest