The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

thats just over 14 hours till i get my results...AAAAAAAAAAAH haha, and i didnt know bout the edinburgh vet open day but am booked onto the 5th sept normall 1, ive been to notts liv and bristol too
Hi just got my results got AABCD, the D was in critical thinking so they don't count that :smile: will I still be able to get in with the C ??though cause I'm not taking it next year because liverpool asked for a B in the AS
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by beccac94
Hi just got my results got AABCD, the D was in critical thinking so they don't count that :smile: will I still be able to get in with the C ??though cause I'm not taking it next year because liverpool asked for a B in the AS

I got nearly the same AABCC and im dropping the one i got a C in. Dont worry, if your still passionate then apply dont let it hold you back! hopefulli i can get my B predicted to an A, well done!!
I got AAAB. This dream could really be possible! I'm so happy :smile:
Reply 1184
Can I have some advice please?
CCE :frown: in the subjects I'm carrying on. The C's were high so I'm not too worried about bringing them up. However, I got Cs in the two units of Chemistry, however I had a really awful exam in the third unit that was worth 50% of the AS grade and managed a U in it, bringing the AS grade down to a E.
I think I could work a lot harder and I don't feel like I've tried my best at all so i think if I put the work in, I am quite capable of bringing it up. I did an A-Level early in Psychology and achieved a grade A so really could settle for a B in Maths potentially. I plan to resit some units and also due to issues with predicted grades, I am not applying this year.

Am i just kidding myself though?
Reply 1185
really pleased with AAAAA ( one in gen studies tho!) #

can any one help? I have a week of work exp penciled in at a sa vets for nxt easter ... thinkin it would b best 2 cancel as will b goin lambin as well nd revision 4 june exams ... also will have had any interviews/ offers by then . SHOULD I JUST CANCEL IT OR WOULD IT MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE ? already got sa vets :smile:
I got nearly the same AABCC and im dropping the one i got a C in. Dont worry, if your still passionate then apply dont let it hold you back! hopefulli i can get my B predicted to an A, well done!!

I'm still going to apply I'm just going to resit the one I got a C in because I would only need to resit one of the tests because I got a B in the other
Got AABC ripping about the B was in chemistry was sure I had an A aqa are evil. Going get remark and the c was in English Literature ! Going to repeat those 2 and bring them up still applying :P
Reply 1188
I got AAAAB :biggrin: i got 99% in ICT! and 92% in chemistry :smile: sooo pleased!
Reply 1189
Well done what board you do chemistry with ? I got 98% in biology and 92% in my history

My Chemistry board is WJEC, im welsh you see :P That's really good too! congratulations :smile:
Original post by Imlovingmyradio
Got AABC ripping about the B was in chemistry was sure I had an A aqa are evil. Going get remark and the c was in English Literature ! Going to repeat those 2 and bring them up still applying :P

haha this is EXACTLY wht i got, A in bio and maths, B in chem, C in english lit. Dropping english thank god. And ikr, the chemistry grade boundaries for aqa were evil! Do you think its a mistake? :P
Original post by Ogrice80
My Chemistry board is WJEC, im welsh you see :P That's really good too! congratulations :smile:

Suppose its good :smile: was disappointed with chemistry my isa brought me way down got 2 a's in the exams and an e in isa ¬¬ so B overall
Reply 1192
my unit 2 irritatingly brought me down to a B, but I should be able to bring it up again with a resit, assuming they accept me as predicted A. got an A in biology and physics though :biggrin:

how much work experience have other people got, just to compare. I have about 9 working weeks, hopefully that is enough
A* Maths A2, AAAA biology, chemistry maths and psychology was cool man! :biggrin:
With the Glasgow vet school is it the same as Nottingham in which you spend all five years out in the sticks?
Reply 1195
Original post by lucaf
my unit 2 irritatingly brought me down to a B, but I should be able to bring it up again with a resit, assuming they accept me as predicted A. got an A in biology and physics though :biggrin:

how much work experience have other people got, just to compare. I have about 9 working weeks, hopefully that is enough

What have you done in the 9 weeks out of interest?
i had a bit of a panic attack this morning when i opened my results because my school had this really complicated way of arranging the results tables so i couldn't work out what i had actually got xD but all went well, i was surprised with my latin and maths results. i got a low a in chemistry unit 2 which isn't surprising; i was late for that exam, got flustered and started writing gibberish xD
but i feel so glad for all the people who did further maths in my school. i don't know if you heard but there was an impossible question set in the ocr d1 paper so everyone kind of panicked but i think everyone got a for it in the end, thank goodness :biggrin:
Reply 1197
Original post by dizzeedollee
i had a bit of a panic attack this morning when i opened my results because my school had this really complicated way of arranging the results tables so i couldn't work out what i had actually got xD but all went well, i was surprised with my latin and maths results. i got a low a in chemistry unit 2 which isn't surprising; i was late for that exam, got flustered and started writing gibberish xD
but i feel so glad for all the people who did further maths in my school. i don't know if you heard but there was an impossible question set in the ocr d1 paper so everyone kind of panicked but i think everyone got a for it in the end, thank goodness :biggrin:

All of mine were from Edexcel so I just got an A5 slip with my results on.

What did you get for Latin? I did GCSE Latin and got an A* and would have liked to carry on, but my school didn't offer it to A-level! Latin certainly looks impressive on an application though!
i got an a (192/200) but i'll be dropping it next year for a2 because i /hate/ literature xD
Original post by Lottes
Can I have some advice please?
CCE :frown: in the subjects I'm carrying on. The C's were high so I'm not too worried about bringing them up. However, I got Cs in the two units of Chemistry, however I had a really awful exam in the third unit that was worth 50% of the AS grade and managed a U in it, bringing the AS grade down to a E.
I think I could work a lot harder and I don't feel like I've tried my best at all so i think if I put the work in, I am quite capable of bringing it up. I did an A-Level early in Psychology and achieved a grade A so really could settle for a B in Maths potentially. I plan to resit some units and also due to issues with predicted grades, I am not applying this year.

Am i just kidding myself though?

i was in the same kind of position as you last year i got B - Biology, D - Chemistry, U - Maths and a B - Photography. I gave up practically on most of my exams after having a really bad chemistry exam at the start which really affected my motivation so in the second chemistry exam i didn't revise as i had given up and i gave up with maths too! it ended up i got an A in the first chem and a U in the second! It was a huge kick up the arse to me getting them results i knew as levels weren't just a doddle and you do have to work alot harder which i knew i could! and even you have said yourself you can work harder and that A proves it completely! Just re sit them in january if you can and don't give up! I didn't and when i resat them in Jan i got an 2 A's and full marks with the chem exam and i had never felt so pleased!! I didn't apply last year as i didn't have the quantity of a levels needed so am applying this year! If you want something so much it will eventually come to you even if it takes an extra year or 3 !! I think its the right decision to take an extra year, for me personally it gave me time to gain loads more experience and just give me time to know it was exactly the route i wanted to go down! Just don't give up!

Quick Reply

Latest