Queen Mary grad programme Watch

This discussion is closed.
Wahoowa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Is Queen Mary a good school? I'd be coming from the US (some of you have probably seen my posts), and entering QM's LLM Programme, so I guess I am mostly interested in its legal education reputation. Just want to make sure I'm not wasting time...I know it's a Uni of London but that it's not one of the top Uni's. I'd be returning to the US, so take that into consideration (wouldn't be trying to get a job in UK). Can anyone give me insight into this school for graduate programmes? Thanks!
shady lane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My cousin went to QM for LLM, it's a well-respected program in the UK.
I'm from the US and had never heard of it until she went there. Then again its University of London so you should be fine.

You should relax! I've seen your posts...you'll have a great time, you'll learn a lot, so don't worry and just go!

PS Have you already done a law degree? I'm applying for MSc courses in London for 2006 entry, but I'm thinking about LLM afterwards. Nottingham doesn't require a prior law degree but I know most unis do, does QM also? Thanks
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.qmul.ac.uk/courses/course...article_id=241

The College Graduate Prospectus sets out the standard conditions of entry. The usual qualification for entry to the LLM programme is a degree in law, or a degree with a substantial law content, normally of at least Upper Second Class Honours (or equivalent).

The following also qualify for entry to the LLM: a non-law graduate with good Honours who has obtained the equivalent of First Class or Second Class Honours in CPE and Bar Finals/Legal Practice examinations, or passed the solicitors’ qualifying examination.

In exceptional cases persons not meeting the normal entry requirement may be considered if they have sufficient relevant legal experience.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The LLM is fully intercollegiate so it doesn't matter which college you study your LLM Law at, unlike the LLB.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads