Best free music downloader??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Recently my computer screwed up so I had to start it off like a new computer, and thus I lost kazaa lite... however, when i tried to get it back, it said I had to pay!!! Or have the lame version which is free but theres all sorts of limits etc.

What does everyone use? (and recommend)

Thanks!
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
Recently my computer screwed up so I had to start it off like a new computer, and thus I lost kazaa lite... however, when i tried to get it back, it said I had to pay!!! Or have the lame version which is free but theres all sorts of limits etc.

Thanks!
Kaaza Lite - absolutely brilliant and I don't know where you get yours from but mine is free lol.

Don't use the normal Kaaza, it is full of all kinds of nasty stuff...
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)

Thanks!
i had to restore my comp but luckly i saved kazaa on cd b4 clearing all the data. u dont have to pay for kazza though.
is there any specific music u want at mo coz ill download it frm kazaa for u now if u want
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Winmx is also good for music.

found at: http://www.winmx.com
Tribi18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
i had to restore my comp but luckly i saved kazaa on cd b4 clearing all the data. u dont have to pay for kazza though.
is there any specific music u want at mo coz ill download it frm kazaa for u now if u want
I had kazza 2 but it gave me loadz of crap on my computer n virusus which messed my computer up so i got Winmx (download it from winmx.com) its really good.. i ant got one virus from it yet!! really pleased with it... i recommend it. cyaaa
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Winmx is also good for music.

found at: http://www.winmx.com
ha- werid ow we both jus said that
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
I had kazza 2 but it gave me loadz of crap on my computer n virusus which messed my computer up so i got Winmx (download it from winmx.com) its really good.. i ant got one virus from it yet!! really pleased with it... i recommend it. cyaaa
If you are using any file sharing program, you should have an up-to-date virus scanner installed.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
If you are using any file sharing program, you should have an up-to-date virus scanner installed.
I prefer to be reactive as opposed to pro-active. It gives me something to do on the weekends tidying up viruses

Winmx i've never had any problems with regarding viruses (or should that be virii?) Kazaa lite should be fine, there isn't usually viruses (virii) in music, it is generally found in the software downloads (or at least this is what i have found in my experience).
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Kaaza Lite - absolutely brilliant and I don't know where you get yours from but mine is free lol.

Don't use the normal Kaaza, it is full of all kinds of nasty stuff...
Whas the site to download kazza lite?? n wot difference does it have form normal kazza??
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whas the site to download kazza lite?? n wot difference does it have form normal kazza??
Supposedly non of the nasty spy-ware and an improved user-interface i believe, and an ip blocker list.
emma_
Rep:
?
Yea ... I was going for kazaa lite because that has been perfect in the past, but I cant find it free anywhere!!!!

So this other one seems intreging! I'll check it out!

First I need to mend my anti-virus thing... its not working! (long story)

Anyone know a good trustworthy free one?

hahaha i sound so cheap! free free free!
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Apparently you can't download it anymore as the site has been taken down. I have an installation file which I will be keeping in a safe place!

Kaaza Lite is basically the main Kaaza program with all the nasty stuff ripped out of it such as ads, pop-ups, spyware etc. It just does what it says on the tin!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Kazaa Lite could be found on k-lite.tk, but the site has been closed down. Kazaalite.com is around I think, but they're charging for it nowadays. Just as well my mate sent me the setup file for the last free version. I would attach it for everyone but .exe files are unattachable here.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Apparently you can't download it anymore as the site has been taken down. I have an installation file which I will be keeping in a safe place!

Kaaza Lite is basically the main Kaaza program with all the nasty stuff ripped out of it such as ads, pop-ups, spyware etc. It just does what it says on the tin!
Kazaa lite is so old. It's all about torrents now, so much faster and safer i find. Are we actually allowed to plug file sharing networks, some fourms outlaw it, i don't think we're supposed to.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
If you came accross a web-site that said you have to pay for kazaa-lite, it's probably a fake website that offers a music service which isn't actually kazaa-lite.

I don't know anything about these things, but I heard that kazza-lite was shut down. Try soulseek or winmx.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.filemirrors.com/

Go to this site and seach for 'kaz' - you may find this of some use
emma_
Rep:
?
awwwwwww damn kazaa lite!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like the new one will have to do!

any thoughts on a free anti-virus thing till my one works?
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Kazaa lite is so old. It's all about torrents now, so much faster and safer i find. Are we actually allowed to plug file sharing networks, some fourms outlaw it, i don't think we're supposed to.
Well I have a modern version and I have always found what I have wanted on it. Download speeds are always quick for me as I have a v.fast internet connection
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I have a modern version and I have always found what I have wanted on it. Download speeds are always quick for me as I have a v.fast internet connection
Sometimes they're very quick, but i find it very unstable. I have a better site and if it has the stuff instead of kazaa lite i can download it at a steady 50kb/s which isn't bad considering i have a 512k connection.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Sometimes they're very quick, but i find it very unstable. I have a better site and if it has the stuff instead of kazaa lite i can download it at a steady 50kb/s which isn't bad considering i have a 512k connection.
Use whatever you find best I pose.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads