The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry if this isn't very helpful but... I think same diet as any other person, minus the pork. Sub with any other protein though, chicken or tuna or something is good.
Quorn. Lol that ***** nasty. Id rather lick the floor.
Reply 3
tany_rulz786
restrcited ... because of my religious beliefs

'Restricted' makes it sound like you're not too happy with it.

Can't you just believe in something else and not be so fussy?
Reply 4
tany_rulz786
im trying to gain muscle:eek: , but im restrcited to certain meats because of my religious beliefs. I would appreciate any help from my fellow gym go'ers.:smile:

thank you

LOL.. are you even serious.. anything minus pork is good.
Just eat alot chicken and tuna
Things like nuts work well and pasta is pretty good too!
tany_rulz786
im trying to gain muscle:eek: , but im restrcited to certain meats because of my religious beliefs. I would appreciate any help from my fellow gym go'ers.:smile:

thank you

This has to be a joke right? You're restricted from pork...
superstar10
Just eat alot chicken and tuna
Things like nuts work well and pasta is pretty good too!

Why is nuts good? and how much I meant to have of it?
Reply 8
hahahahahahahaha what the hell would HALAL have to do with it??? don't eat pork :/ pretty much it really
lol what are the other restictions? No pork and it has to be halal....not too bad if you know how to cook meat. Plus most halal butchers I know sell good meat at really good prices, win.
Reply 10
Chicken, u can get whole grilled chicken for about £3 have at least 2 a day. With raw eggs and yogourts as well as nuts etc.
tany_rulz786

thank you

I'm probably not much help but you should eat of Chicken and Turkey and work out regularly, changing your routine ever 3 sessionc. :smile:
Out of Bounds
Why is nuts good? and how much I meant to have of it?

Many nuts are high in protein and contain considerable amount of calories, perfect combination to become bulkier with putting extra fat on.

I would say half a packet of a jumbo pack would be ideal if you want that added protein.
superstar10
Many nuts are high in protein and contain considerable amount of calories, perfect combination to become bulkier with putting extra fat on.

I would say half a packet of a jumbo pack would be ideal if you want that added protein.

Thats what Im saying! I been having the KP jumbo packs a whole twice a week, no difference and including a half litre of milk.
Out of Bounds
Thats what Im saying! I been having the KP jumbo packs a whole twice a week, no difference and including a half litre of milk.

It depends on your main meals. Nuts is seen as a snack just to add a bit more protein, somewhat like a protein shake, but in some cases not as effective.
If you ensure that your meal has a good balance of high protein intake, such as Chicken, fish, lean mean, and is healthy then you should see differences. Obviously if you're working out it helps.
superstar10
It depends on your main meals. Nuts is seen as a snack just to add a bit more protein, somewhat like a protein shake, but in some cases not as effective.
If you ensure that your meal has a good balance of high protein intake, such as Chicken, fish, lean mean, and is healthy then you should see differences. Obviously if you're working out it helps.

Yeah your right, my meal are not efficient enough.
My meal would normally consist of rice, boiled patato, meat chops, tamatoes, herbs, corriander etc... is that any good!
Out of Bounds
Yeah your right, my meal are not efficient enough.
My meal would normally consist of rice, boiled patato, meat chops, tamatoes, herbs, corriander etc... is that any good!

There's alot of carbohydrates in your meals such as rice and potato. Nothing wrong with that, but add a bit of chicken or fish to take in greater quantity of protein.

Or instead of say three main meals a day, have 4/5 smaller portions of meals i.e. tuna/chicken sandwich which means you are regularly taking in protein/calories.

^That's not a good idea if you're trying to lose weight though.
superstar10
There's alot of carbohydrates in your meals such as rice and potato. Nothing wrong with that, but add a bit of chicken or fish to take in greater quantity of protein.

Or instead of say three main meals a day, have 4/5 smaller portions of meals i.e. tuna/chicken sandwich which means you are regularly taking in protein/calories.

^That's not a good idea if you're trying to lose weight though.

I need to put on weight atm... because I have high metabolism... I have tuna sandwiches, but still not bulking up...?
doner kebabs
Out of Bounds
I need to put on weight atm... because I have high metabolism... I have tuna sandwiches, but still not bulking up...?

Then eat food that are healthy but have high calories in them. Try and add a bit more calories to you meals every day, don't worry about protein as much yet as that would come naturally if your putting on weight.

Put extra things like cheese in your pasta, have flavoured milk etc
google food with high calorie intake that are healthy

Latest