Report Thread starter 10 years ago
quite right!
my bad, how do I change that?
muffingg
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yh I am doing it. I'm quite confident about it. Hoping for an A*. The research topic I have chosen to write about is Geografische Region (Frankfurt Am Main).
AnthonyShock
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing a film, 'Goodbye Lenin'.

I cannot wait for this exam to be over. Now I nee dto go and revise my vocab for the film, my vocab for the discursive essay and practice some translations!

By the way, is it safe to just revise one of the topic areas for the discursive essay? Will there be a question for all the topic areas? ie: youth culture, health, environment, education?
haaaza23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnthonyShock)
I'm doing a film, 'Goodbye Lenin'.

I cannot wait for this exam to be over. Now I nee dto go and revise my vocab for the film, my vocab for the discursive essay and practice some translations!

By the way, is it safe to just revise one of the topic areas for the discursive essay? Will there be a question for all the topic areas? ie: youth culture, health, environment, education?
I think there is always one on the environment..but yeah seeing as there are always 4 questions, 1 per area
12look3
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by haaaza23)
I think there is always one on the environment..but yeah seeing as there are always 4 questions, 1 per area
What was the question on the literature side of this exam, and did you find it easy or hard if you dont mind me asking?
jackdeverson
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 12look3)
What was the question on the literature side of this exam, and did you find it easy or hard if you dont mind me asking?
It was about an "event" (Ereignis), personally I'd never heard of the word before, so I wrote about the development of a character and his turning point to better morality, so I hope that's tenuously-linked enough
12look3
Report 10 years ago
Okay thanks for letting me know,I'm doing this same exam except its for spanish im hoping for a good paper, good luck with your exam
Brightstar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How did people find it?
haaaza23
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brightstar)
How did people find it?
I thought it was a fair paper!
The discursive titles could have been perhaps a little better I thought.
The literature question was brilliant, loved it
Brightstar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^^ Really
I thought that question was a little hard to answer - you did Brecht didn't you.
I did the last discursive question and I thought that one was good but the literature - I'm not sure how I did
haaaza23
Rep:
?
^^ Really
I thought that question was a little hard to answer - you did Brecht didn't you.
I did the last discursive question and I thought that one was good but the literature - I'm not sure how I did
I should've done that one, but I did the eine Sprache, ein Europa one...thought it was a bit iffy but yeah.
Yeah I did Brecht - basically choose the last scene of the play and discussed how it ties in with Brechts messages and all that. We'd done a mock on "choose a scene and discuss it's importance" in class so I tried to recite as much as I could!
I'm wondering what the grade boundaries will be?
AnthonyShock
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought the translation was MUCH easier than the old style papers. I actually loved it, despite sleeping in and turning up half an hour into the exam! I died when I woke up! Had planned to get up early and learn loads more vocab, but that failed! :P Mind none of the vocab I learned for my discursive essay ( thought there'd be one on environment/tourism) came up in a question! I did the one on "One should stay in their country". Was alright, but my literature essay was stronger! Actually LOVED it!!!
Brightstar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow lucky
Did the event have to be a big thing - because I simply chose Shen -Te's decision to invent Shui-Ta and how it affected the play, the point of the doppelrolle/personenspaltung and what Brecht wanted to say
I really don't know how relevant my answer was to be honest
AnthonyShock
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow lucky
Did the event have to be a big thing - because I simply chose Shen -Te's decision to invent Shui-Ta and how it affected the play, the point of the doppelrolle/personenspaltung and what Brecht wanted to say
It did seem weird, luckily the film I looked at 'Goodbye Lenin', was set around the fall of the Berlin wall, so i wrote about how the author used a character to show how westernisation after the fall ruined people and how he used a scene to show the scale of this westernisation, both used to show how important this event in for film was.

I hope that answers the question! lol:p:
A*Student
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Didn't anybody do 3a)? Is about whether tourism is important for a certain region in Germany and the attractions it has got to offer.
I wrote about Cologne
It was hard though to write less than 270 words I think :/
haaaza23
Rep:
?
Wow lucky
I did the last scene + epilog, because it's where Shen Te admits that she has an Alter-Ego...and that the gods disappear, so the epilogue too gives the audience an open ending (example of deus ex machina), implies communism is a solution (brecht association with communism began in 1919) but it's not made explicit.
I did refer to scene 2, i.e. Shui Ta's first appearance but I wouldn't've been able to write more than 240 words tbh...I just knew the gerichtslokal scene and epilogue really well!
So long as you tied in Brechts message, i.e. that one can't be good in a capitalist/corrupt world and survive...then I'm sure you've done fine!
Brightstar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's a really good idea - the other person in my class did that scene too.
I should have thought of that but for some reason I just thought I had to write about something early on because Verlauf = progression so I thought I thought the event had to impact the plot oh dear.
I did talk about Brecht's message quite a bit though so hopefully I'd get marks for research.
Btw did we have to do a bibliography because I didn't
Brightstar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What kind of things did people put for the translation.
I definitely got the - what else could be done bit wrong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads