This discussion is closed.
Tina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
You mean like a self fulfilling prophercy?
yep! do u study sociology by any chance?
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by snowy bear)
what do you think of it people? i love it

i think its the worse thing on tv but i can't help watching it, i hate it when criminals always get away with thing, i.e Phil, and they always put women down they dont make the female sex look strong, and poor Mo cant they pick on some F**ker else
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by xAngelx)
i think its the worse thing on tv but i can't help watching it, i hate it when criminals always get away with thing, i.e Phil, and they always put women down they dont make the female sex look strong, and poor Mo cant they pick on some F**ker else
I do agree that the effects of television can have negative effects as television producers do use standard cultural stereotypes to display a particular character such as foreigners being bad, black people being womanisers and cheats etc etc.......
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
I do agree that the effects of television can have negative effects as television producers do use standard cultural stereotypes to display a particular character such as foreigners being bad, black people being womanisers and cheats etc etc.......

the only decent person in Eastenders is good old Alfie, i bet Janine gets away with killing barry, and i wouldn't be suprised is that Graham who raped Mo gets away with it, when was the last time they locked someone up for doing a crime oh god let me think......................?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
But thats what makes the huge glut of the population watches it. Exciting storylines can be written in etc. And also conforms their sterotype of a e.g. black person.
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
But thats what makes the huge glut of the population watches it. Exciting storylines can be written in etc. And also conforms their sterotype of a e.g. black person.
these people watch this, and when mo gets put in prison for defending herself from an abusive husband, it might make women scared of coming forward to defend theem selves, if they did a stronger story line where she told the police and the police did something about it, it would influence the women out there to come forward
woody
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My fav charcter by far has got to be gus it always has been, him saving the guys from the hills of scotland made my day!!
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

its ok but sometimes the storylines are really crap and boring
chatty gal
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Eastenders iz so gr8!!! im so happy dat barry iz dead he woz a rite loser
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (231)
61.27%
Yes- I don't like it (17)
4.51%
No- I want it (104)
27.59%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.63%

Watched Threads