Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
u what?! im gonna go there for law in september... so dont be dissin it
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Like it or not, i'm afraid you'll probably have to 'get used' to Trent being 'dissed' - there's quite a bit of hatred between Uni and Trent
cherrydrops1985
why is there hatred?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nottingham Trent has quite a good reputation. It is an ex poly but its probably the best out of the ex polys. You should have no problems with the standard of a degree from Trent.
cherrydrops1985
yeh thats why im choosin to go there. i dont think i cud keep up with one of those snobby unis anyway, their expectations are sky high. i got told i wudnt have problems at nott trent. so i was abit shocked to hear that earlier comment,

anyway, IS ANYONE GOING THERe?
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SparklLZz)
yeh thats why im choosin to go there. i dont think i cud keep up with one of those snobby unis anyway, their expectations are sky high. i got told i wudnt have problems at nott trent. so i was abit shocked to hear that earlier comment,

anyway, IS ANYONE GOING THERe?
nah there isnt really hatred, we just laugh at trent and all the skanky ho's that go there hehe, i have some friends that go there who really like it and you are right into town so its probably just jealousy, you might get some stick from random taxi drivers for not going to the 'proper' university

tis a great place though, you'll have loadsa fun
the g
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Flabulous)
No. It's the Puma of the sports world.
I like Puma, penisbreath. But Nott Trent is ****. You get stabbed twice as much as in U of Nott.
Flabulous
Report 16 years ago
Liking puma says more about you being a penisbreath than it does about my lack of hygiene.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rah)
nah there isnt really hatred, we just laugh at trent and all the skanky ho's that go there hehe, i have some friends that go there who really like it and you are right into town so its probably just jealousy, you might get some stick from random taxi drivers for not going to the 'proper' university

tis a great place though, you'll have loadsa fun
hehe University Snobery is rife in Manchester Manchester, Umist and Salford look down the Manchester Met and Manchester and Umist also look down on Salford even though its a red brick.

A lot of it is what you make of it anyway, I am sure I end up getting a better job than some of the student at Manchester. Its more do witht he indvidual person. I think the better universities are better if you want a job in the blue chip company having said that a couple of people on my course have got jobs at Microsoft.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Trent is pretty good as far as new unis go. It will be regarded by some as the inferior uni in Nottingham though.

As to the uni issue the problem with Salford uni is that it has had a very low ranking in the last couple of years. However this is mainly due to bad research assessments because a low proportion of staff have been entered which doesnt necessarily make it a bad uni.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...409861,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...813810,00.html
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wtf is it with 'the g' and his 'gettin stabbed in notts' ****. seriously its annoying, hes posted something abt getting stabbed in every damn thread that has n e thing to do with nottingham
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Trent is pretty good as far as new unis go. It will be regarded by some as the inferior uni in Nottingham though.

As to the uni issue the problem with Salford uni is that it has had a very low ranking in the last couple of years. However this is mainly due to bad research assessments because a low proportion of staff have been entered which doesnt necessarily make it a bad uni.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...409861,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...813810,00.html
Yeah I read about that. I hope they sort it out, they have good employment etc. I think the problem was they had too many schools (17) at it just got to hard to manage. A lot of them have merged which should hopefully be reflected in the rankings.

Teaching quality also seems poor according to the statistics but I haven't had any issues with this. However I am in the best group and taught by the good lecturers, in the worst group its a technician teaches them programming which can't be good.
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HasanB)
wtf is it with 'the g' and his 'gettin stabbed in notts' ****. seriously its annoying, hes posted something abt getting stabbed in every damn thread that has n e thing to do with nottingham
if anything you are more likely to get shot than stabbed

i guess some people just have pretty pointless lives really..
theECONOMIST
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
HA, what you need to get in EEU
cherrydrops1985
(Original post by theECONOMIST)
HA, what you need to get in EEU

no hunni, u need BBC. or higher for some subjects...
Skatkat1
Report 15 years ago
Hi Im goin to Nott trent to do Decorative arts,
so far havent found anyone else. would have liked to go to nottingham uni but they dont do my course! Im really lookin forward to meeting you all and loads of new people though its gonna be great fun! seems as though most people on this forum are going to nottingham uni though. come on ntu students WHERE ARE YOU? say hi and let us know wot ur doin! :rolleyes:
Sophie x
spunky monkey
Report 15 years ago
allo im goin to ntu next year to do Fine Art quiet excited but had loadsa bothar with accomodation n stuff n im abit worryed coz every1 seems to always talk about people gettin shot or stabbed lol is notts really like that???? im abit scared, wats the roughest area's? the ones 2 keep away from? apparantly theres no room left in the halls so im having to get a house with my mate, its v v v v nice but v cheap so im surpicious im gunna have a rapiest murdering physco living next door need advice soooo *** on ntu people elp me xxxx
spideronline786
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by punk_rox42)
hi im off to nottingham trent in sep to do health and safety whats it like there is anybody else going in september would be nice to know people before i get there going to be wierd as i know no one going there

Ive chosen exeter as my first choice and nott trent as my backup and its really nice. im based at the clifton campus if i do end up going there ( i think the way my exems went, its likely i will be there ) i need DDE or DEE (cant remember which ) :confused: for biomedical sciences. The only reason the grade requirements are so low is because the uni is under a government initiative to widen participation. wats all the fuss about the campus being crummy? it looked ok 2 me. plz reply
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
    Sat, 27 Jun '20
    Fri, 11 Sep '20

Do you get study leave?