The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lizzay
Wow, you want to do the test without revising that sounds like a bit of a risk. :s-smilie: I would not recommend it. I guess it would be possible to get a decent mark that way but it depends how much you remember. If I were you I would revise anyway. Why would you want to do it without revising? :confused:

Edit:btw, if this is right...

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/0906%20GCSE%20Full%20Course%20%28Linear%20Specification%29%20Grade%20Boundaries%20Home.pdf

then 71% is an A so why the sad face?

71% is an A?

Seriously? :awesome:

I thought it was a B.

What about for an A*? What percentage is that?
Reply 41
im so academic
71% is an A?

Seriously? :awesome:

I thought it was a B.

What about for an A*? What percentage is that?

78% Check the link in my last post if you don't believe me.:wink:
lizzay
78% Check the link in my last post if you don't believe me.:wink:

Would the same be for a short course?
Reply 43
im so academic
Would the same be for a short course?

:dontknow: it doesn't say, it is probably on edexcel somewhere though.
lizzay
:dontknow: it doesn't say, it is probably on edexcel somewhere though.

Found it: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/0906%20GCSE%20Short%20Course%20Grade%20Boundaries%20Home.pdf

Pretty damn high tbh...
Reply 45

Yupp, I am happy I'm not doing that.
Reply 46
Short course is meant to be easier though - hence the higher grade boundary.

hey im doing short course edexcel ICT too.. how did you find the exam yesterday? oh and also i got 39/40 and 37/40 on both courseworks we done and think i lost around 10 or so marks on this paper yesterday roughly or even 13.. would i still get an A*?? :confused:
oh by the way coursework is worth 60 percent and exam is 40 percent :smile:
Reply 49
Ilovebeiber
oh by the way coursework is worth 60 percent and exam is 40 percent :smile:

That is the same fo full course which I am doing. :five:

Our exam yesterday was quite good actually for me atleast, lol. That is probably because I spent the whole of Sunday in solitary confinement making note cards and doing past papers and such. Hopefully I got an A.:crossedf:
How did yours go?
Ilovebeiber
hey im doing short course edexcel ICT too.. how did you find the exam yesterday? oh and also i got 39/40 and 37/40 on both courseworks we done and think i lost around 10 or so marks on this paper yesterday roughly or even 13.. would i still get an A*?? :confused:

I got roughly a bit less than you on the coursework.

Hmm, I think I lost a maximum of 20 marks on the paper, and I still believe it's an A* - as the grade boundaries (if I interpreted them correctly) is pretty low, i.e. 55% for an A*? :lolwut:

We'll see...
im so academic
I got roughly a bit less than you on the coursework.

Hmm, I think I lost a maximum of 20 marks on the paper, and I still believe it's an A* - as the grade boundaries (if I interpreted them correctly) is pretty low, i.e. 55% for an A*? :lolwut:

We'll see...

55%?????? noo wayyyyy :eek: :eek: :eek:
lizzay
That is the same fo full course which I am doing. :five:

Our exam yesterday was quite good actually for me atleast, lol. That is probably because I spent the whole of Sunday in solitary confinement making note cards and doing past papers and such. Hopefully I got an A.:crossedf:
How did yours go?

yh it went good just a few questions like the multiple question ones was harder to choose an asnwer as all options semmed correct lool and like the formula IF question was quite hard ..oh and also the last question and yh its just very predictable ...hopefully i gain my A* with my courseowkr being nearly full marks and it counting 60%, do you think loosing around 15 or so mrks on the exam still drops my oppurtunity to gain an A* for this subject?
Ilovebeiber
55%?????? noo wayyyyy :eek: :eek: :eek:

Around that figure.

E.g. in 2008, apparently you needed 82 marks - in total - for the A*.

There are 147 marks in total. So the percentage required would be, yeah 55/56%.

:s-smilie:
im so academic
Around that figure.

E.g. in 2008, apparently you needed 82 marks - in total - for the A*.

There are 147 marks in total. So the percentage required would be, yeah 55/56%.

:s-smilie:

wow maybe thats jus UMS marks or something like that, making A* be around 85% lol..thats more reasonable..55% means everyone can achieve A* by just gaining full marks on cw and doing text paper for 2 seconds then falling asleep..aha if it really is 55 im actuayl going to be soo happy lol
Ilovebeiber
wow maybe thats jus UMS marks or something like that, making A* be around 85% lol..thats more reasonable..55% means everyone can achieve A* by just gaining full marks on cw and doing text paper for 2 seconds then falling asleep..aha if it really is 55 im actuayl going to be soo happy lol

No, it's not UMS as that document specifically says "minimum subject marks".

Anyways, yeah I do hope it's 55% - guaranteed A* for me then. :p:
im so academic
No, it's not UMS as that document specifically says "minimum subject marks".

Anyways, yeah I do hope it's 55% - guaranteed A* for me then. :p:

haha sammeee :p:
Reply 57
I found the full course test quite hard, the EPOS one was annoying =/
Reply 58
You have to multiply the coursework marks (out of 168 including qowc?) by .353 and the exam marks (out of 126) by .313 and then use that for the marks in the document listed. So around 78 for A*.
Reply 59
hrickards
You have to multiply the coursework marks (out of 168 including qowc?) by .353 and the exam marks (out of 126) by .313 and then use that for the marks in the document listed. So around 78 for A*.

Is this for full course yes? And how you know this? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending