The Student Room Group

which uni?

Hello,
I have received offers from Lancaster, Liverpool, Keele, Leiester, Reading and Loughborough. I loved Keele when i visited and like the sound of Loughborough, but haven't seen it yet. I have to reply to my ucas offers next month.
Please can anyone send me their views on what these uni's are like? esp Keele & Loughborough.
Also does anyone know if you have to be sporty to fit in at Loughborough? silly question i know but one that concerns me as i am not overly keen on exercise - but on the other hand don't wish to be excluded!

Cheers
Alicia
Reply 1
boxersarecool
Hello,
I have received offers from Lancaster, Liverpool, Keele, Leiester, Reading and Loughborough. I loved Keele when i visited and like the sound of Loughborough, but haven't seen it yet. I have to reply to my ucas offers next month.
Please can anyone send me their views on what these uni's are like? esp Keele & Loughborough.
Also does anyone know if you have to be sporty to fit in at Loughborough? silly question i know but one that concerns me as i am not overly keen on exercise - but on the other hand don't wish to be excluded!

Cheers
Alicia

I personally would go for loughborough, in my opinion it has the best reputation and all 13 of my older friends there are really enjoying it. Also, a few of them are less than inactive, so I shouldnt think youd have any worrys about that.
Reply 2
Wow thats weird, four of your Uni’s are the same as mine : Leicester, Loughborough , Keele and Reading (though I’m still waiting to hear from Reading) Though my firm choice will probably be Birmingham :biggrin: but I haven’t been to Keele but I wouldn’t really want to go there, from what I’ve read it’s in the middle of nowhere. So just doesn’t really seem my type of place but Loughborough University sounds cool and I’m pretty sure you’d fit in fine there as I know plenty of people who have average interests in sports and activities who have applied there(namely me lol) and Loughborough will likely be my insurance offer as it isn’t quite as high as my Birmingham offer. Leicester seemed like a really good Uni to me but seeing as the offer is identical to Birmingham I have to drop it. But yeah if given the choice I’d prefer Loughborough to Keele, but it’s up to you really
I have a friend at Keele! She seems to have fun there, and is meeting many more men than I ever do, if that's a deciding factor. Another plus point of it is that it is near a place called Newcastle... but it's Newcastle-under-Lyme or something, so you can tell friends that you got drunk and ended up in Newcastle, and shock them considerably.
Not very helpful, but I know even less about the others so I won't even mention them.
Emma
xxx
Reply 4
boxersarecool
Hello,

Cheers
Alicia

i went to see leicester...didnt really like it...the accomodation is YUCK!
Reply 5
boxersarecool
Hello,

Cheers
Alicia

A friends aunt went to Keele for law and she loved it
Reply 6
Yeah i think Loughborough sounds cool - just have fears of everyone thinkin i am mad as don't like sport much! On the other hand - high percentages of males! Is Keele any good for males? I know this isn't really important but it can be a persudin factor in which to pick!
I shall hopefully be doing geography there.
Did ur friend find Keele excitin enough - i don't mind if it really hetic every day - just don't want to be bored!
Yeah it is Newcastle -under - Lyme! I will rem to use that line if i go there!
Thanks for replies
luv Alicia

Latest

Trending

Trending