The Student Room Group

Am I totally hopeless ?

I want to study in the U.S. but I only have 2 GCSE's: Maths (A+) and English (A+). I Currently finished College and these were my predicted grades: A+ in English Literature, A+ in English Language, B in Economics , A in History. I did my SAT, GED exams, which I scored very high. And last off all, I'm involved in sports, charity activates, which should be good, I guess.

Can I still get into American University and do my undergraduate studies, or am I hopeless, since I only have 2 GCSE, SAT, GED to send off?

Sorry for my English; I'm really stressed out. If you're wondering how I manage to get in to College with 2 GCSE's, I went to a private College they didn't care I have only 2 GCSE's
Lol. Thanks for that, I needed a laugh :smile:
Reply 2
ritchie888
Lol. Thanks for that, I needed a laugh :smile:

Why is this funny to you?
you'll be fine the SAT is what is majorly looked at aswell as GPA of and volunteer work, etc is very important...you'll be fine :yep:

where are you applying and what for?

I just sent off my applications for american universities :biggrin:
I was totally hoping that this thread had been a misprint and you actually meant 'Am I totally Topless'

... :frown:

Don't lose faith, if you choose wisely than surely you will get in, and if not, you could always complete your A levels and then apply with solid results. Plus American Students tend to be older don't they?
Were there extenuating circumstances around your GCSEs? I don't know what SAT or GED are, but you said you scored highly and you're predicted good A-level (equivalent?) grades, so the fact that you've only got two GCSEs seems somewhat amiss. I'd suggest waiting till you've got your college grades and contacting the universities yourself to see if they'd still consider your application.
Reply 6
I'm not too familiar with how international admissions works here, but I think you should be just fine with those scores. Most Americans applying to colleges only have SATs, some sort of a GPA, and a list of extracurricular activities, so you certainly have them covered.
ipulledhermione
I was totally hoping that this thread had been a misprint and you actually meant 'Am I totally Topless'

... :frown:

Don't lose faith, if you choose wisely than surely you will get in, and if not, you could always complete your A levels and then apply with solid results. Plus American Students tend to be older don't they?

I thought American students tended to be younger? I'm 17 and will be 17 when I start university in September (and so will many other people I know). From what I've gathered on TSR, it's almost unheard of for English students to be 17 when starting university. Although, it seems like it's common for Scottish students to be 17 when starting. But I could be completely wrong on this haha.
nah it's 18 when we normally go to uni like in England (unless you skip a few years or something) :biggrin: