Cazzi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
Ah right, yeah.

Do you speak Deutsch?
nope lol... you would think i would because ive been to Austria 10 times since i was 7! But i never learn any more than Guten Tag, Ja, Danke, and a few others!

all austrians seem to have good english
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would say Paris, it's the my absolute favourite city - sooo beautiful!
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
I wouldn't mind spending a night in Paris, either.
Cazzi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
i dont think you will be fussed where you spend the night!
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I would say Paris, it's the my absolute favourite city - sooo beautiful!
It's mine too, but for New Years... hmm, I'd be tempted by Barcelona!
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
There's a "film" by that title. :eek:
kate86
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Paris is fantastic, just got back from there. But it mostly depends on what your looking for.

By going abroad are you looking for the best place to visit.........or the best place to actually celebrate new years eve? As the result of where is best may vary depending on this.

Paris is beautifull and i would encourage everyone to go, however I dont think its the best place you could go to celebrate new years eve
IjustlovetheIB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love Venice but, as others pointed out, you might not have that much fun. The city is beautiful though.

I'd say Barcelona, just because I'm sure you'd have a great time there.
NormalBloke
Report 13 years ago
K I live in Paris and I come from Venice...
These two cities r beautiful but to hav fun u hav to know which places to go to and maybe u need some good contacts otherwise u will b spendin alot of money on nights out... Venice and Paris hav a wicked nightlife but the places r hard to find for foreigners and visitors...this is why I wouldnt recommend them for u.
My advice is to probably opt more for places like Amsterdam or Barcelona, maybe theyr not as beautiful as the two above but they r cheaper and far better for turists who just wana hav a grt time without much hassle.
~nat~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
*cough* Venice or Paris *cough*

I prefer Venice - soooooooo beautiful - but i think Paris will have a better atmosphere for New Year! (the french always manage to pull off a great firework display, for one thing!)
Philadelphia
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SlyPie)
I'm spending New Years abroad, and I wondered what city you guys would recommend:

List of eight as follows:
1. Paris
2. Prague
3. Stockholm
4. Copenhagen
5. Barcelona
6. Madrid
7. Amsterdam
8. Venice

Right now I am leaning towards Venice as I heard Italy is the most beautiful country in Europe. However, I am also keen on Barcelona because I can speak a little Spanish whereas my knowledge of Italian is non-existant.

Please offer your advice as to which city is most memorable, most entertaining, etc. especially around December/ January.

"Gracias" (Putting my skills to good use.)
j'adore PARIS even though i haven't been but i see it on t.v :p: and i like france in the parts that i have visited
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
OK overall you guys are saying Paris or Barcelona? I assume Barcelona is cheaper right?..not that I'm a cheapskate or anything. But I am genuinely still so tempted for Venice since it's beautiful....however Yo hablo un poco espanol..hehe

In response to if I was going with other people and how long I was staying:

I'll be staying in England for a month, but in one of those cities for 5 days. I am going with one other person and we're flying out....
indy_punk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Paris.
Tres magnifique
Two Tone
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd say Paris. Never been for New year, but judging by Christmas dectorations, they'd do it in style
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hmmm....Paris eh.. Bonjour my little magnifiques

Ok what suggestions are there, to do in Paris or Barcelona?

Any good art museums--historical sites as well? What about sports in the wintertime? Um, anything else to know? Any places you guys recommend...........
shady lane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've been to Paris and Barcelona, I think you'd have more fun in Barcelona for New Years...they really know how to party there! Paris is always nice, but the nightlife is SO expensive!
Barcelona is lovely, on the ocean, not too congested, easy to get around, etc. I went to Barcelona in Feb and it was fairly warm (low 70s) and sunny--I had been in Oxford for the previous month and hadn't seen sun at all. We stayed at a hostel right on the beach and frolicked quite happily I must say.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads