This discussion is closed.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
think it may depend on my GCSE results. If I had the chance of doing the IB … I would go for it…but I cant seem to find any schools in London that do it…

Hhhhmm…Physics Art or French?...at the moment I’m most favourable towards Physics.

If you really can’t decide wait for your GCSE results and pick the one you did better on.
King's College, Wimbledon do IB.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Sevenoaks.
Is that in London?
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Is that in London?
Sort of, yes.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Sort of, yes.
Thought it was in a field somehwere in Surrey, but hmmmm "yes". Do you go there?
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Thought it was in a field somehwere in Surrey, but hmmmm "yes". Do you go there?
No, I don't. It's in Kent, so technically it's just out of London, but it's very easy to commute there, especially from South East London.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
No, I don't. It's in Kent, so technically it's just out of London, but it's very easy to commute there, especially from South East London.

Ah Kent then, fair enough.
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
also, Sevenoaks school offer the IB....its very highly regarded (the school i mean) but at least my school still beats them at all the sports!
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
also, Sevenoaks school offer the IB....its very highly regarded (the school i mean) but at least my school still beats them at all the sports!
Which school do you go to?
JrW
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tek)
Which school do you go to?
Eltham College
JrW
Rep:
?
Where do you go?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do Sevenoaks admit girls? oooh and I know there is the Southbank International School which offers the IB...Wondering if it’s any good? See the thing is I go to a really good school already and I’ve applied to other good schools and if I get in there isn’t much point going to school that doesn’t achieve academically just to do the IB.

Jamier...have you done any revision for your mocks?
Tek
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, Sevenoaks does admit girls.
JrW
Rep:
?
Do Sevenoaks admit girls? oooh and I know there is the Southbank International School which offers the IB...Wondering if it’s any good? See the thing is I go to a really good school already and I’ve applied to other good schools and if I get in there isn’t much point going to school that doesn’t achieve academically just to do the IB.

Jamier...have you done any revision for your mocks?

im only in yr 10 so not doin them yet....but ive already done RS mock......what school do u go to?
JrW
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
im only in yr 10 so not doin them yet....but ive already done RS mock......what school do u go to?
can u recommend any gd revision books? what are Collins like?
Minta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
See the thing is I go to a really good school already and I’ve applied to other good schools and if I get in there isn’t much point going to school that doesn’t achieve academically just to do the IB.
North London Collegiate are offering the IB from September 2004, but I think you might have missed the sixth form application deadline...
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
I did incredibly weird subjects then!

History, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths, English Literature and Physics!

I got As for all of them at AS but didn't want to apply for Law at Cambridge. It was not my cup of tea.
Woahsers! I'm impressed... what a wide range of subjects
I did Lit, History, Math, F Math, Econs and General Studies (not recognised by most unis)
Blush Babe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by starry)
I did incredibly weird subjects then!

History, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths, English Literature and Physics!

I got As for all of them at AS but didn't want to apply for Law at Cambridge. It was not my cup of tea.
How in the world did you manage 6 Aslevels (or did you not do any Alevels?) ?!? In my school were not alowed more than 4!!
Blush Babe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm planning to do Maths - I'm doing it now anyway (don't know anything about further maths - don't reckon they offer it at my school), History and I can't pick between Eng Lit, Bio and Physics...

I want to do financial/banking law later on but now I want to do charter accounting (when I find out what it is :confused: )

BB
Atli
Report 16 years ago
The IB is brilliant! I did it. ;-)

Seriously, though, there are two considerations: firstly, a bad school doing the IB isn't worth it just for the IB (self-evident), and secondly, unis still don't understand the difficulty of the IB. It's far harder to get a 7 than an A at A-level. Also, the curriculum is often wider: I did Physics higher, and it covered much much more than my A-level counterparts (and I'm now doing PPE — just think of that! :-) ) Also, they forget that Maths higher is the equivalent of maths and further maths, put together, and covered in the time allotted to only one subject — and that's one out of 6! Furthermore, a hideously small proportion of people get a 7 in Maths Higher.
Fewer than 0.1 % (or was it closer 0.01) of those taking the IB get full marks (45). Many, many more get all As at A-level.
The education you get from the IB, though, is much, much better. So there! :-)

Atli.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads