Turn on thread page Beta

'Invite suicide bomber's families to the memorial services' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    That's what's been suggested anyway, the families of the bombers to be invited to the memorial service(s) with the families of the victims... what's your opinion on this? I think it's pretty weird to even come up with the idea.. it's just gonna cause problems.

ReputationRep:
    i don't know really, they weren't a part of the bombings, and they lost someone, so yes they should, but i don't think the victims families would really appreciate their families murderers being at the service, do you???

ReputationRep:
    Well, if as they say they had no idea that their family member was planning this, they've suffered a loss and are in a state of extreme confusion. Their grief shouldn't be considered to be any less.

But you're right, it almost certainly will create tension. And there is also the possibility that those that claim they didn't know really did...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    ii don't think the victims families would really appreciate their families murderers being at the service, do you???
    That's the thing, they wouldn't. The families are innocents who've suffered a loss too...

ReputationRep:
    Third post from me!

Another thing, I suppose inviting them to grieve their families would be, in effect, holding a memorial service for the bombers as well. Not the families' fault, but equally kicking the families of those killed by the bombers. Wow, so much confusion there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Third post from me!

Another thing, I suppose inviting them to grieve their families would be, in effect, holding a memorial service for the bombers as well. Not the families' fault, but equally kicking the families of those killed by the bombers. Wow, so much confusion there...
    i agree, should we mourn the deaths of those who murdered innocent people in cold-blood?

ReputationRep:
    its a hard one.

Just because the kid was f**ked up doesn't mean the family was :/ equally the family could be as screwed up. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    its a hard one.

Just because the kid was f**ked up doesn't mean the family was :/ equally the family could be as screwed up. Hmm.
    i think out of respect for the other families, they shouldn't go, they should have a private service, otherwise it just unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    i agree, should we mourn the deaths of those who murdered innocent people in cold-blood?
    But to the families who didn't know about it, they lost fathers, brothers, husbands. They saw and knew the human side, and need to grieve too. They must be ever so confused themselves.

I persoanally don't know, I'm just putting forward the other viewpoint, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    But to the families who didn't know about it, they lost fathers, brothers, husbands. They saw and knew the human side, and need to grieve too. They must be ever so confused themselves.

I persoanally don't know, I'm just putting forward the other viewpoint, I suppose.
    i know you are, but i still think they have the right to, but shouldn't out of respect. it's their choice, but whatever happens there will be an uproar!

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't the families fault. I mean if your brother/sister was the suicide bomber, would you appreciate the families blaming you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    It wasn't the families fault. I mean if your brother/sister was the suicide bomber, would you appreciate the families blaming you?
    no, but it's bound to happen, afterall the families have to blame someone, itt's a part of their grief

ReputationRep:
    it is a tough one indeed...

ReputationRep:
    no, but it's bound to happen, afterall the families have to blame someone, itt's a part of their grief
    I guess I should expect people to lay the blame on the families without any real purpose, this is an idiot nation after all.

ReputationRep:
    No i dont think they should.......imagine the friends and family of the victims being stood near a members of the family of one of the bombers or will they be segregated?
    I feel for everyone involved ...its a hard desicion...i would hope the families of the bombers would respect the victims families (which i have no doubt they will ) and hold thier memorial at another place and time.

ReputationRep:
    easy choice. NO. ridiculous. If your mum was killed, would you want the bombers family there among your close friends, reminding u of how it happened..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    I guess I should expect people to lay the blame on the families without any real purpose, this is an idiot nation after all.
    Don't you think that the parents are at least partly responsible for their childrens actions?

And the comment about "idiot nation" isn't very clever in itself.

ReputationRep:
    No, they shouldn't. Wouldn't any of you feel guilty if your child was a suicide bomber? I would, and rightly so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    true, very true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    Me personally I dont think the victims families will blame the bombers families but i still say let them hold a separate memorial.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.