Weird uni/ucas thing Watch

This discussion is closed.
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Something a bit weird has happened today..

I got an unconditional offer through UCAS to study Human Bio at Manchester Met univeristy. However, today I recieved a letter from the actual uni saying that I have a conditional offer and that I am invited to an open day for a informal discussion with them. Included was a timetable for the interviews.

Am I right in assuming that UCAS are correct and that I do have an unconditional offer? In fact, I can't have a conditional offer as I am not studying towards any further qualifications and my points far exceed those that they are asking.

There is no way I am going there - I just choose them as a low point requirement uni in case disaster struck and all the other unis told me to go away. So I am not worried about this, just a little baffled!

Hope this has made some sense!
Nafisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Phone Up The Uni- They Will Confirm It For You :d
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Whatever the uni thinks is more important than what UCAS thinks.

If you really can't/don't want to make the open day contact them and explain that you've already visited (even if you haven't) and that the open day clashes with some exams/interviews/etc etc and that you really can't afford the trainfare/transport costs. They may let you off the interview and if they don't then you are in no worse a situation than you are now.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Something a bit weird has happened today..

I got an unconditional offer through UCAS to study Human Bio at Manchester Met univeristy. However, today I recieved a letter from the actual uni saying that I have a conditional offer and that I am invited to an open day for a informal discussion with them. Included was a timetable for the interviews.

Am I right in assuming that UCAS are correct and that I do have an unconditional offer? In fact, I can't have a conditional offer as I am not studying towards any further qualifications and my points far exceed those that they are asking.

There is no way I am going there - I just choose them as a low point requirement uni in case disaster struck and all the other unis told me to go away. So I am not worried about this, just a little baffled!

Hope this has made some sense!
don't worry that happened to my bro as well - they just made a mistake - you sghould probably ring to make sure though
nikk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tinykates)
don't worry that happened to my bro as well - they just made a mistake - you sghould probably ring to make sure though
Well I have no intentions of ever going there so am not worried. It just confused me a bit.

The unconditional offer must be correct anyway because there is nothing that could be conditional about it (I already have all my grades etc and have more points then they are asking for).
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ring them up just to be sure.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well I have no intentions of ever going there so am not worried. It just confused me a bit.

The unconditional offer must be correct anyway because there is nothing that could be conditional about it (I already have all my grades etc and have more points then they are asking for).
ok - that's alright then - i just remembered actually the reason was because they offered him a place on the BA instead of BSc because he didn't have a science A-level and i think they got confused about something lol :rolleyes: - that was Leeds - where's yours from?
TK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok - that's alright then - i just remembered actually the reason was because they offered him a place on the BA instead of BSc because he didn't have a science A-level and i think they got confused about something lol :rolleyes: - that was Leeds - where's yours from?
sorry - just read - Manchester Met - i should be more observant - sorry again
nikk
Rep:
?
Manchester Met.

Thanks for the comments guys!
nikk
Rep:
?
sorry - just read - Manchester Met - i should be more observant - sorry again
no probs - thanks for your help
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no probs - thanks for your help
Aaaahhh isnt everything rosy in this thread..........
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1112)
78.87%
Leave (298)
21.13%

Watched Threads