Turn on thread page Beta

Escape....anyone... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IgnorantDreamer)
    ever seriously considered running away from home?
    yes, and plan to after A2's...
    i have no idea where to go tho... :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    I ran away when I was 8, because I got grounded. I took my bike and cycled away... for about 5 minutes, then I went home because I was hungry and a bit bored. I think it was more of a rebellion than a "running away". Sort of:

Parents: "You're grounded, you can't go out"
    Me: "Oh really? *goes out*"
    lol !! luckily your in scotland... if any 8 yr old decided to cycle off bt her/him self someone would probably kidnap or get run down by a bus!

lol !! luckily your in scotland... if any 8 yr old decided to cycle off bt her/him self someone would probably kidnap or get run down by a bus!
    or stabbed by a bull!

sorry,i'm abit traumatized
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    ever seriously considered or actually ran away from home?
    I seriously considered on one occasion, but I was skint at the time so it was quite pointless even trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    Yes! It's true, it's like running away, except your parents pay you to do it.

P.S. It's completely your choice where you go to Uni, and yes your parents DO have to pay for you to do it. Check the law on that one. It's class. If they don't pay you through Uni you can sue them for it
    great...except 1)i don't think that law applies here,2) i anyway plan to go to aussi asap and have made my intentions clear! 3) they have also told me...often, that they'd pay for the 1st year , then i've got to pull my own!!

(Original post by yo-less)
    i stomped out of the gate in a fuss and saw a bull on the road and got freaked out and ran back in.

you'd think i'd have got used to Colombo's abundance of wild life by now,no?
    hehe... yeah thats a reason i've never actually left home.... too many animals, beggars, junkies and scary ppl and vehicles on the road and about!

(Original post by Just_Izzy)
    I did. I stayed away two nights. Then my friend told me to **** off back home. So I did.
    hmm...interesting prospect, if i turn up at their doorstep they can hardly turn me out!!....( but might proly drive me straight home... :mad: )

great...except 1)i don't think that law applies here,2) i anyway plan to go to aussi asap and have made my intentions clear! 3) they have also told me...often, that they'd pay for the 1st year , then i've got to pull my own!!

(Original post by yo-less)
    i stomped out of the gate in a fuss and saw a bull on the road and got freaked out and ran back in.

you'd think i'd have got used to Colombo's abundance of wild life by now,no?
    hehe... yeah thats a reason i've never actually left home.... too many animals, beggars, junkies and scary ppl and vehicles on the road and about!

(Original post by Just_Izzy)
    I did. I stayed away two nights. Then my friend told me to **** off back home. So I did.
    hmm...interesting prospect, if i turn up at their doorstep they can hardly turn me out!!....( but might proly drive me straight home... :mad: )
    evil aunt izzy is probably wise in such fields
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by gezzar)
    arghh i c

probably the best way to leave home is wait till uni, choose one away from you city and get the folks to foot the bill hehe
    My parents refuse to help pay for any University that isn't within 2 hours driving distance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    My parents refuse to help pay for any University that isn't within 2 hours driving distance
    aww... thats gotto suck!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    aww... thats gotto suck!
    Yeah, because it limits my choices to about 6 Universities, unless I go further and pay for it all myself...

ReputationRep:
    I know people who have managed it, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    once yes.

(Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I know people who have managed it, yeah.
    :wtf?:you mean you?

ReputationRep:
    it must be kinda exhilarating, and free.... if you get my drift (which i don't quite get?!!)

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.