Cheaper straighteners! Watch

This discussion is closed.
emma_1987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I've got a pair off straighteners at the moment, but they are starting to get a bit old and messy! I just wondered if anyone knows of any relatively good and cheap straighteners - i'd love GHD's but REALLY dont have the money!! Any ideas?
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Remington ceramics go for about £20 so GHDs must be super duper for the price they want for them....I'm sure someone will enlighten me! :p:
Sarah-Jayne
Report 13 years ago
If you want GHDs but don't wana pay the full price of £110 then i recommend you go to EBAY, i got brand new in the box GHDs with the insurance policy geniune ones off EBAY for £50 - bargain!!!
hello world
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i got GHS straightners which are similar 2 GHDs for about £30. Theyre fine - but make sure u use a protector spray.

i used 2 have SAKS ceramics - they were great - £60 they cost...the only thing was that they exploded after 2 yrs - very scary but very funny...HAHAHA...but my friends are still working fine after 2 and 1/2 yrs.

only thing is - u have 2 order both of these online
ScaryFairy2
Report 13 years ago
I have the remington ceramics (oldest version, not 2x protection or whatever) and the work fine, just the results don't long as they do with GHDs, and it can go a wee bit frizzy
saturn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ScaryFairy2)
I have the remington ceramics (oldest version, not 2x protection or whatever) and the work fine, just the results don't long as they do with GHDs, and it can go a wee bit frizzy
what are GHD's? I know what straighteners are but GHD's :confused:
kwannie
Report 13 years ago
i use the remington ceramics, the thin one with the yellow ish centre lol and they're quite good...but i agree hair goes frizzy after a while, but still ok for 20 pounds.
tate
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kwannie)
i use the remington ceramics, the thin one with the yellow ish centre lol and they're quite good...but i agree hair goes frizzy after a while, but still ok for 20 pounds.
yeah i've just used those, they make my hair really straight for about 10 mins, after that it looks ok, just not poker straight, then by the end of the day it will have gone slightly wavey, it still looks ok tho.what i really hate about these straighterners tho is that the handle gets really hot, just on the bit part of your hand goes, well annoying!
Cessie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Remington with 2x protection (Ceramic and teflon) are good. About £30
Amzybaby24
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i've been todl the best place to get them is from an actual salon!
spin
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by saturn)
what are GHD's? I know what straighteners are but GHD's :confused:
GHD = good hair day, it's a make of hair straightener. A very good make of hair straightener, if they didn't explode so regularly.
Bubble Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by emma_1987)
I've got a pair off straighteners at the moment, but they are starting to get a bit old and messy! I just wondered if anyone knows of any relatively good and cheap straighteners - i'd love GHD's but REALLY dont have the money!! Any ideas?
I would recommend REMINGTON POWER CERAMIC

Sure they don't have the reputation of GHDs Though if you look at the reviews of them http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews8038.html
They are clearly top rated.

ADVANTAGES
- mighty cheap (5th of price of GHDs)
- 200C temperature
- heat up in 2 mins max.
- straighten well (suppose thats what you expect from STRAIGHTENers)
- won't blow up like GHDs

DISADVANTAGES
- doesnt hold the straighteness aslong as GHDs
- not solid ceramic

SO go out and get them!
xbabydollx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i got a vidal sasoon 1 for 6 quid
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not just saying this- but GHD's are DEFINETLY worth it in my opinion. They heat up super fast and straighten your hair in quarter the time. Remington are good if you don't wanna spend too much money. I had the 2 times straight. Only problem is if you don't look after them well (which I don't ) the top coat of ceramic peels away which is not good for your hair!
nabzp
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've got Babyliss Thermaglass 2160U ones for £20 in Wilkos when they're selling in Boots for £60. Okay, so their not GHD's but they work well, just take a bit of time and are good if you don't straighten your hair much.
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just look out for a some solid ceramics that heat up quickly to over 200, theyre all the sme as GHDs, iv tried and tested loads!
tiamaria
Report 13 years ago
As long as they are ceramic they should be A-ok.
Hair tools are good so i hear .. but id never be unfaithfull to my ghd's.
And please when you get your strighteners dont go for the poker stright look, it looks horrid, shows all your split ends up and basicly frazzles your hair. Natural curls are were it is at atm.
blackcat136
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kwannie)
I use them and mine stays straight and doesnt go frizzy until it gets wet. The ends occassionally need a going over the next day after straightening but thats it
DHARANI
Report 13 years ago
hi i gought brand 'Conair' is that fine to use regularly..? how often do u gals use a straightner?
is there any good conditioner to keep my hair soft n silky?
oxygenbubbles
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by emma_1987)
I have ones called "The Hot Miracle". Previously, I had GHD's but being me, I stood on them and broke them. These new straighteners were £20, but compared to GHD's, I don't notice a difference in how well they straighten! I'm very surprised by how good they are. I got them in a hairdresser supplier, but I'm sure you could find them online. If not, just look around for ceramic straighteners which heat up to above 200.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
27%
No (695)
73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed