Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay. We're students and thus understand the importance of a) freebies and b) drink, no? So I want to know if you've ever blagged one (at a bar from barmen preferably) and more importantly how! If you've actually been kind enough to donate a drink to someone while working - why did you do it? (From what I've been told its customary to sack someone on the spot if their caught doing this).

ReputationRep:
    Flash some cleavage at a geek waiting for drinks at the bar and your wish will be his command

ReputationRep:
    Went to Greece recently and casually happened to mention we'ld never tried Ouzo to the waiter. Who then promptly brought us all shots and joined us for one himself After that he gave us freebies alllll the time.

ReputationRep:
    I did on Friday. I just ordered my drink and the barman said it was on him coz nobody else had smiled or been nice all night And I wasn't even wearing a low cut top lol. Also, the man in my corner shop is always giving me free ice cream and stuff, coz he says I'm the nicest customer he has and I always say thank you and stop to chat. The moral is, a few manners get you free stuff!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    Flash some cleavage at a geek waiting for drinks at the bar and his wish will be your command
    :rofl:

That's a good mistake.

ReputationRep:
    I've given away free drinks at work before, Mainly because I messed up what they wanted etc. Or it is when I have been getting rinks for the landlord and his family.

ReputationRep:
    get your bf to work behind the bar :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luize)
    I've given away free drinks at work before, Mainly because I messed up what they wanted etc. Or it is when I have been getting rinks for the landlord and his family.
    This happened to me... I ordered a southern comfort and lemonade and got a glass of lemonade, then got vodka and lemonade. When I finally got the drink I ordered, it was on the house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maireleghra)
    Okay. We're students and thus understand the importance of a) freebies and b) drink, no? So I want to know if you've ever blagged one (at a bar from barmen preferably) and more importantly how!
    Yup - was dressed as Lara Croft at the time! Ample breastage and a gulible bar manager - perfect combination!

ReputationRep:
    i've been given free drinks before in bars for spending a load of money there (in greece and poland- in poland I spent the equivalent of about 2 weeks salary for a local person in 1 night).

Also been given free beers by bands when interviewing them.

ReputationRep:
    Go out with a bunch of random girls and order tons of drinks, drink fast and chat them up, then giv some random excuse that u hav to go to get some fresh air outside, once ur out leav and go meet other ppl whom u can play the same trick on.

All the drinks go on their bill and its free for u !!!

Its bad I know, just don't do it that oftenly

ReputationRep:
    its my birthday!!!!

thats all you have to say

but it does help if it is someones b day lol

ReputationRep:
    Any other freebies? My friends were once given 4 free concert tickets by a barman because a) he couldn't go and b) they told him he was pretty! The most I've managed was single drink because the barman hadn't seen me in since before my exams months and as I had no money he decided to give me drink so we had a reason to stand around chatting.

ReputationRep:
    The only time I get free drinks is if I know people at the bar.. I generally dont give free drinks but discounted (ill double/triple it for the price of a single...) depending on how good a friend you are. If I just kind of know you I'll serve you first but you're not getting anything free.

Ha I had someone try the 'you're the most beautiful barmaid I've ever seen!' thing to try and get a free drink. Sorry it doesnt work with me :p: I know better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NormalBloke)
    Go out with a bunch of random girls and order tons of drinks, drink fast and chat them up, then giv some random excuse that u hav to go to get some fresh air outside, once ur out leav and go meet other ppl whom u can play the same trick on.

All the drinks go on their bill and its free for u !!!

Its bad I know, just don't do it that oftenly
    I would say your a *******, but now I think I'll copy

ReputationRep:
    Whilst walking to or from Uni, you usually get people handing out leaflets and stuff like that, BUT if you look really really closely, you sometimes get people handing out little shot glasses, which you take to the bar which is on the label, and get a free shot! Not only that, if you walk past 4 times, you get 4 free shots and a free set of shot glasses! Fabby!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    The only time I get free drinks is if I know people at the bar.. I generally dont give free drinks but discounted (ill double/triple it for the price of a single...) depending on how good a friend you are. If I just kind of know you I'll serve you first but you're not getting anything free.
    Yup I agree, my mate knows someone who works in a bar. When its the offer, 5 shots for a fiver, she goes to the bar, gets 5 shots and gives him a five pound note, then he gives her 5 one pound coins in change...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    Flash some cleavage at a geek waiting for drinks at the bar and your wish will be his command
    when on holiday in albufiera i was at the bar with a mate and kept badgering the barman for 2free shots at first he said no but he gave in after a while.

we obviously went back the next night to do the same and there was a differant bar man so we tried badgering him and told him about the previous waiter, it turned out he was the manager and wanted us to point out the waiter he gave us free drinks so he could sack him, we obviously said that we forgot what he looked like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Yup I agree, my mate knows someone who works in a bar. When its the offer, 5 shots for a fiver, she goes to the bar, gets 5 shots and gives him a five pound note, then he gives her 5 one pound coins in change...

That's not a 'free' drink - it's being rang through the till, and is theft. And very tracible, as the till will be down. V dodgy that old, giving your friend their money back routine. I know most companies will happily shop staff for doing this, and the recipient gets dragged along for being an accessory.

Fluffy - licencee in a former life

ReputationRep:
    free drink! where?
    *looks around frantically*

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.