Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    local instructors are way better. they only get business via word of mouth, so they work pretty hard to keep up their standards and impress.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and it's cheaper because they don't advertise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pedigree chum)
    or - If you want a quick fix try and organise the test for about 10.30 in the morning or sometime that not many people will be about. Alternatively instructors often miss out difficult bits at rush hour - BUT DON't COUNT ON IT!!!
    I had my test at 11:40, and my driving examiner decided to stick in an emergency stop as well. He had to abandon it twice because of the traffic . You'd think that they'd give it up after all that, but he went on with it.
    Anyways, don't worry about failing first time, and do change instructors because £80 is an absolute rip off! I'm with BSM, which charges about the usual I think for tests. See if you can get a test as soon as you can. The sooner you get it, hopefully the less number of lessons you'll need to get up to scratch again. Don't leave it too long if you can.

ReputationRep:
    Why charge different for petrol and the car? Surely lessons only cost £20ish?! My instructor never charged me the full hour for the use of her car on my test, which was really good, but local instructor, so yeah like eveyrones said, maybe a local one would be better! Also, seems like you could probably blame nerves. Lots of people are good drivers till they get in the car with an examiner! I had 2 on my test!! (One examining the examiner though!) But I think nerves didn't play a part, simply because my instructor was so mean and shouted at me when I did stuff wrong, that I got used to it, and so scared of doing things wrong.. :-S But the examiner was lovely and so was easier to drive with!

Alot of people say its luck as to whether you pass. To a certain extent, it is. Nice examiner/having a good day, and also, other traffic. A friend of mine failed (4th time) because at the end of his test, as he went to turn right into a filter lane, to get to the test centre, some moron over took him! A lot of things you can't help, but maybe lots of practise in parents car would do some good? Good luck for next time though.. Don't give up now, cuz it'll be so much harder to get back into!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.